45. Reena

We were in a taxi going to the farmhouse

We were in a taxi going to the farmhouse. I was wearing a mangalsutra, sindoor and chooda in my hands. Vijay's Mom wanted a very big wedding as she only have one son but Vijay and his dad suggested that after so much insult why would someone attend the wedding.

As a kid I dreamt of having the prettiest lehenga ever and I would wear red chooda and I'll walk down the aisle in fairy lights. I would have the best mandap at my wedding and my groom would nearly die when he looks at me. But my dreams were shattered when I had to do a court marriage with two eye witness. As much happy I was to be his wife finally I was sad to accept that childhood had ended and so was my dream. It hurts when dreams and reality don't match.

We reached the farm house. It was at a little distance from the city side. It was full of trees and fresh air. I could see a lot of cattle over there.

"What a fresh air!" Vijay said breathing deeply.

I could see how his dad was glowing. He was eventually happy about the end of business life and he was happy about moving here. I think he was tired of that life.

I had been feeling nausea since two days but the moment I reached here I could sense a positive vibe. I hope this place turns out to be a better place for all of us.

I turned my attention to his Mom who was still not over the business thing. She was very upset that we moved here. I could sense she was going to give a tough time to me but I was prepared for it so it didn't bother much to me.

After getting fresh and settling our things we sat down together for lunch his Mom had prepared because I didn't know how to cook.

"It's so hot in the kitchen and it's so difficult to cook alone there." His Mom said casually but I know it was a taunt to me. I didn't respond anything and continued to eat silently.

"I'll hire a maid for cooking and someone for house cleaning in 1-2 days." Vijay said and she went silent.

"So what plans you have now?" Dad asked.

"I am going to complete my MBA and Reena is going to continue her law study. We will go tomorrow for the inquiry in the university." Vijay said and I still stayed silent.

"University is so far from here." His mom said.

"I know but got no option, we have cars with us so it will be easy don't worry." Vijay assured.

"Reena beta, take more food." His dad said in a lovely dad voice.

"No uncle it's fine I am full." I said without looking up.

"Papa ji bolo abhi." He said and let out a sweet laugh. I forced myself to smile and nodded.

I finished my lunch first and went in kitchen to keep my plate. I could hear the conversation going on the dinning table.