Silent Struggle [Appendicitis]

Requested by Taebear on AO3

Taehyung woke up and felt like hell. His stomach was aching so bad and he felt so nauseous, he was just getting out of bed when he felt bile rise up in his throat, without thinking twice he booked it to the bathroom, he'd just entered and closed the door behind him when the vomit came spilling out, he bent down to the sink, gagging and dry heaving a few times, after he was done, he washed his mouth and decided to take a shower while he was already there.

He didn't think much of it and sat in the living room, waiting for his brothers to come downstairs after showering, they then had breakfast and left for practise.

~

"Taehyung-ah, I think you should focus on that last jump a bit more." Hoseok told his dongsaeng, he wasn't too upset right now, but still, he was the dance leader and it was his job to make sure his members get the choreography right.

"Yeah, hyung, I'm sorry, I just lost my footing." Taehyung said with a sheepish chuckle, which quickly morphed into a wince as more pain shot up from his abdomen.

The wince did not go unnoticed by his brothers, "What's wrong, Taehyung?" Namjoon asked.

"N-nothing hyung, everything's fine, what would be wrong?" Taehyung faked confusion

"Don't lie, Taehyung-ah, we saw that wince." Yoongi said sternly.

"It was nothing, I just twisted my leg a bit during the jump, it's going to be fine." The second youngest lied.

His hyungs seemed to buy the lie and let him be.

~

Taehyung hated his past-self, he regretted not telling his hyungs about his sickness because now, here he was, in agony from the pain in his abdomen, a throbbing headache, with a 100.4°F (37.8°C) high fever, and so much fatigue and he hadn't even done much, just threw up twice since getting up which was at 7:30 A.M. and right now it was merely 8:05 A.M.

He groaned, the pain in his abdomen and head was too much, he wasn't sure if he could even go downstairs for breakfast, and dance practice was out of question.

"Taehyung-ah, get up, we have to reach the studio by 9:20!" Yoongi yelled from downstairs.

The second youngest whimpered in pain as he tried to push himself up from his bed, the act making him feel like he was being stabbed.

"Taehyung-ah! If you don't come downstairs right now, I'm gonna come up there and drag you to the studio, I don't care if you are in your pajamas." Yoongi shouted.

"Hy'ng.." Taehyung weakly called out before he collapsed on the bed again, he was both sweating and shivering because of his fever.

Loud footsteps could be heard from outside his room, the door opened with so much force that it could have broken right then and there, it was clear that Yoongi was frustrated and a little bit angry.

"Kim Taehyung serio-" Yoongi stopped as he saw the state his dongsaeng was in, collapsed on the bed like a starfish, his skin was pale except for his cheeks which were tinted red, a thin layer of sweat coating his skin, and the pained expression on his face.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Hy'ng I-I have been sick since the past four days, I-I didn't tell you because I thought I could handle it, but I have been regretting not telling you since I woke up today." Taehyung answered.

"Aish, you are gonna be the reason I get grey hair at such a young age." Yoongi sighed, "What exactly is aching and did you throw up today?"

"Y-Yes... two times since waking up...A-and my stomach hurts, my head is hurting so much too, I don't feel like getting up, I'm so tired, whenever I try to get up I get dizzy." Taehyung replied.