Diet Dilemma [Anemia]

Requested by Taebear on AO3

Comeback season was just over the horizon, which is why BTS' manager wanted them to start following a specific diet plan, to 'get them into shape' before said comeback.

Unlucky for a certain Gucci boy, the food mostly consisted of spicy food, which he could not stomach no matter how hard he tried. Thus, he had to stick to rice and vegetables, which definitely would not match up to his body's need for nutrition, but he had no choice.

Taehyung followed the diet along with his brothers for a few weeks, but his brothers detected the odd behaviors of their second youngest, he was always exhausted, he moved around sluggishly, would sleep early, and was the last one to wake up, he looked dangerously pale and was becoming apathetic, the members were getting very worried, but decided to observe him for a while.

A few days passed by, and the members were practicing just like any other normal day, when suddenly, during the song's chorus, Taehyung collapsed on the floor, their choreographer paused the music as everyone rushed to see what happened to the second youngest.

"Taehyung-ah!" Everyone yelled in unison, Seokjin and Yoongi both kneeled next to the collapsed figure.

"Jungkook-ah, go and call the medic." Yoongi commanded.

Their choreographer passed them some water bottles, Seokjin poured some water from the bottle into his hand and gently sprinkled it over Taehyung's face, in an attempt to wake him up, Yoongi rubbed the younger's arms up and down, Namjoon and Hoseok both lifted the boy's legs so the blood flow could return to his brain, Jimin was fanning his fellow '95 liner's face.

The maknae came back with the medic -who stayed at the company building at all times in case someone got hurt- and immediately joined Jimin in fanning his youngest hyung.

The medic took out an instrument to measure Taehyung's blood pressure, after a few minutes he spoke up, "Taehyung-ssi just has low blood pressure, no need to worry, nothing too severe has happened, it must be because of the stress of the comeback, he will come back around in a few minutes."

"Are you sure it's just low blood pressure?" Hoseok asked, clearly concerned about his dongsaeng.

The medic nodded, he then bowed and left.

Just as the medic said, Taehyung regained consciousness after a few minutes.

"My head hurts..." Taehyung groaned, sitting up, "What happened?"

"You fainted, Taehyungie, have you been feeling weird recently?" Seokjin asked.

"No, hyung, I have not been feeling weird, I think I just fainted because of the stress." Taehyung shrugged.

"Okay, but if you don't feel well, tell hyungs, okay?" Yoongi said.

"Hey! He can tell me too, it's not like I won't help him." Jungkook pouted.

"Yeah, yeah, you can let any one of us, or all of us, know if you don't feel well." Namjoon chuckled.

Taehyung nodded and got up. They went back to the dorms, deciding that they had enough practice for the day.

As the days went by, the members noticed that something was very wrong with their second youngest, he was losing weight faster than the others, and he had become so thin, that Seokjin swore he could see bones jutting out of the boy.

"He needs to stop following that god-forsaken diet, that boy is going to turn as thin as paper soon if he doesn't have proper food." Yoongi commented.

Said boy was not in the room right now as he was too busy sleeping, another confusing thing for them was that the second youngest was sleeping too much these days, it was as if he was slowly turning into Yoongi 2.0, he was also very swayed, he would stumble every time while climbing up or down the stairs, and while dancing. All of this was very concerning for the members.

"We should tell manager-nim about this." Hoseok said.

"Yeah, Hobi-hyung is right, Namjoon hyung, call manager-nim." Jungkook urged.

The leader complied and immediately dialed their manager's number.

"Hello?" Their manager's voice came from the phone.

"Hello, hyung-nim, I was calling to ask you if Taehyung could...Stop following the diet plan for a while?" Namjoon asked.

"WHAT?! Why?"

"Uhm... Because we don't think he is okay, he's too thin, pale, he is getting tired too easily, he's also turning very lethargic and apathetic." Namjoon told the manager.

"It's okay, it's probably because of the stress of the comeback, he'll be fine once the comeback is finished, in no way is he going to stop following the diet plan. Understood?" The manager asked in a stern voice.

"Yes, hyung-nim." Namjoon mumbled and then hung up.

"We'll just have to be more careful with him, hopefully, it will be okay, just like manager hyung said." Jimin sighed.

All of them hummed in agreement.

A week later, the boys regret not rebelling and secretly giving Taehyung more proper food, they have a concert starting in less than an hour, and the second youngest looks like a zombie, stumbling and tripping over air.

"Hyung, you sure you can dance today? You could just sit out..." Jungkook suggested.

"I'm fine, Kookie, I have to dance...For ARMY..." Taehyung mumbled.

The maknae looked uncertain, but he decided to not force his hyung. The concert went by smoothly, and now they were backstage, recharging their energies, changing into more comfortable clothes and just talking about how the concert went, Taehyung was standing behind the sofas backstage, drinking water, when suddenly the bottle of water fell to the ground and Taehyung's eyes rolled back into his skull.

It was pure chaos afterwards, the members were yelling Taehyung's name, trying to get him back to consciousness, the staff members were also trying their best, but nothing worked, in the end, Namjoon picked up the unconscious boy and all the members ran to their SUV, Yoongi got in the driver's seat and stepped on the gas, speeding to the nearest hospital.

-

"He has severe anemia, low sugar, and low blood pressure, I suggest that he takes at least two weeks' rest and a few of these medicines" the doctor handed Seokjin a paper slip, containing some names of medicines, "and a balanced diet, that should nurse him back to health, just make sure that he does not have to follow such diets ever again." The doctor explained.

The seven boys nodded and thanked the doctor.

After returning to the dorm, Seokjin and Yoongi went to the kitchen to make dinner while the others sat in the living room, enjoying a movie together.

-

"Yah Taehyung-ah! Don't forget to take your medicines!" Hoseok shouted at the second youngest as soon as the boy walked into the living room.

"I know, I know, hyung, don't worry, I will take them." Taehyung said as he smiled fondly knowing that no matter what happened, his brothers will always be there for him.

A/N: 

The ending sucked I am aware. But I can't write a better ending for the life of me. Echo out