1 - One Warm Day

"Jessi Lupina?" Mrs. Greta asked.

"Here," I said. I wasn't in the brightest of moods. That was until I spotted Mason. He was so hot. He had golden hair and blue eyes on top of a muscular body. He was slightly older than me and we had been friends for years. All those years I've secretly liked him but haven't told anyone.

"Hey Jes," he said, plopping his items down on the desk beside me.

"Hey," I replied. He started writing notes on his notebook as the teacher switched the slides on the slideshow.

"Do you want to come over later and maybe hang out at my place. My parents are gone for the weekend and today's Friday, I'm going to be so bored."

"Sure, I have nothing going on so that works." I sank back in my seat a little more as we watched the boring video. Science is generally boring.

The rest of the day went by pretty slowly since school isn't exactly fun. But finally the day ended and I went over to Mason's house.

"Come in," Mason said as I knocked on the door. I twisted the gold knob and pulled the heavy door open.

"Hey Mason," I said as I walked in.

"Hey,"

"What are we planning on doing?" I asked. He stood up from the couch in the other room and walked over to me.

He outstretched his hand, "Come with me," I took his hand and he lead me outside. "I was thinking we could go for a stroll,"

"Ya that sounds nice," I responded. He dropped my hand and we started walking down his neighborhood. It was a nice looking neighborhood with beautifully lit nature. The sky was starting to set which made a golden light fall on everything.

"Ok, so you know that dance that's coming up?" Mason asked. Was he going to asked me?! The dance was next Wednesday, also the last day of school before summer.

"Ya," I couldn't help but smile.

"Well I was thinking of asking Diane," My hopes drained and I was left nodding. "Good, because I already have a plan for asking her. First I'm going to..." I stopped listening to him from that point. I didn't really want to know how he was going to spend his time with Diane.

Eventually he finished talking about how great Diane was, and by that time I just wanted to go home.

"I think I'm gonna go,"

"Really? You only got here half an hour ago."

"Ya, but it's getting dark and I'm tired. See ya round?" I said.

"Ya see ya," he responded.

I drove home in my navy blue car. Normally I parked beside my mom's car in the driveway, but there looked to be some of her friends sitting around the grill on there so I pulled up in front of the house.

I walked up to the grill and took a look at the crowd. It looked to be a family.

"Sweetie you're home!" My mom exclaimed walking over to me. "I'm having a barbeque with our new neighbors, the Intony's. She has a son your age named Liam, why don't you go introduce yourself,"

"Can I just go inside?" I pleaded.

"No honey, now go meet our neighbors." She was so pushy. She pointed to a boy who looked to be around 5'8. I was 5'6 so he wasn't too much taller than me. He waved at me as I started to walk over.

"So you're Liam?" I asked.

"Sure am," he shot back.

"K', I'm Jessi,"

"Well that's a bitchy name," he snorted.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. So far this Liam kid was getting on my nerves.

"Nothing's wrong with me, maybe my mom. She is the one who made us move to the mother fucking town," he cursed.

"Can you not swear?"

"No can do Jessi. This shitty place deserves swearing," I gave him a disgusted look.

"Well, you're obviously not religious,"

"Is it that obvious?" He said sarcastically. I looked at his mom, she didn't seem rude unmannered like her son.

"So why did you move here?" I attempted.

"My mom was sick of my dad. Even though they got divorced three years ago, he still tried to get to us."

"My dad died when I was eight," I jutted.

"My deepest condolences," he mocked.

"Why are you being so rude?"

"Hmm, maybe because I don't want to be here in this god forsaken town."

"I get that you're not religious, but I am, and where I come from we don't use God's name in vein," I stated. He was really pissing me off. "You know what, I don't want to conversate with you anymore," I said. I decided to go inside where the party was not.

I am and have always been an only child. I like it better that way without annoying siblings bugging me. My mom came into the house calling my name so I stood up and came to the door.

"What?" I asked.

"Why aren't you talking to Liam?"

"He's mean and has a very bad attitude,"

"His mom said that he's not taking the move well and needs someone to talk to. Please go talk to him, okay?" She asked.

"I already did and he seemed like he did t want to talk, maybe tomorrow?"

"Fine, also he doesn't have a car of his own so you'll be driving him to school,"

"What?!" Then mom went back out to the party. Great, now I  have to drive a complete idiot to school. I don't understand why things always have to ruin my life.

A/N

First chapter of my newest book. Please give it good feedback and let me know who you're shipping currently.