4 - Problems

I haven't spoken to Liam since Wednesday and it's now Friday. Summer break officially started yesterday and I still refused to go outside. What if I saw him? He probably hates me anyway. I've screwed everything up. I should've never run away. We were having a fine night until my anxiety had to kick in.

A knock at the door jolted me out of my thoughts. I ran down the stairs and looked out the front window to see who it was. There I saw Liam standing there with my car keys in his hand. Crap. I had totally forgotten that he still had those.

I walked over to the door and twisted the knob. I pulled it open slightly and Liam began to speak, "Hi, I forgot to give you your keys back."

"Oh, um, thanks," I said, quickly grabbing the keys from his hand. I started to close the door but Liam put his hand against it.

"Wait, we need to talk," he said letting himself in.

"Do we?" I started, "What is there to talk about?"

"Everything that happened on Wednesday,"

"Look Liam, I'm sorry, but I really don't want to talk."

"Can you just tell me why you ran?" He said. I could see the pain in his eyes and I felt terrible.

"I was confused. Confused about my feelings . Confused about you. Confused about everything." I admitted. We were still both standing in front of the door.

"So are we not going to talk about the kiss?"

"I'd rather not, friends?"

"Friends," he said. He opened the door and left. I was still so confused. I don't really even know what just happened, but at least I could go back outside.

"Jessi, the Intony's are coming over for dinner tonight in an hour so please get yourself ready," My mom said as she came down the stairs.

"Ok." I replied, heading back up the stairs and to my room to pick out something to wear.

I decided on a sleek black dress that was a little revealing but cute. I paired it with some black heels and a silver necklace.

 I paired it with some black heels and a silver necklace

Jessi's dress

Liam's family arrived five minutes after I had gone downstairs. Liam showed up in a tight white top with dress pants. He looked so hot that I had wished that I hadn't left things off with him as just friends.

"Wow," he said, tracing his eyes up my body.

"Thanks," I responded, because how else do I respond to that. We had all sat around our dining table and ate our dinner. My mom had made chicken pie and sauteed vegetables. It was overall delicious. Afterwards my mom and Mrs. Intony went outside to have a glass of wine, leaving me and Liam alone.

"Tell your mother that she's a great cook, because that was delicious." Liam said trying to create conversation.

"Ya, she cooks a lot in her free time," I say.

"Do you have any pets?" He asked. The color drained from my face as I remembered my small dog, Pepper, who had died six months ago. He had been alive ever since I was around four and I had the strongest bond with him. When he died, I sobbed all week, and thinking about it made me want to cry all over again.

"Are you good?" Liam asked, noticing my sad expression and stiff body.

"Uh, ya," I swallowed hard to prevent the tears falling from my eyes. Then I remembered how I had to say goodbye right before he got out down and I couldn't hold them back anymore. A tear left my eye, but before it could fall down my cheek, Liam wiped it off my face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories or anything,"

"No, it's not your fault. My dog Pepper had died six months ago and I still haven't really gotten over it." Tears continued to fall as I talked about him. I stared into his eyes and he stared back.

His eyes were a gorgeous color and shine so bright in the evening sun. Everything in my body told me to kiss him. His body has a different kind of pull that attracted me on the deepest of levels.

"Jessi?"

"Ya?"

"Can I kiss you?" Liam said. Without a second thought I nodded and our lips were brought together. He had a tight grip on my waist as my hands pushed through his hair. What an amazing moment, I thought. But it was soon over. After the kiss, I stared awkwardly at Liam.

"So..." My voice trailed off.

"I don't know if I can just be friends with you Jessi," He said.

"What are you suggesting?" I asked, trying to keep my composure.

"I think we should go out, like as a couple," his eyes softened and I felt the same pull. I grabbed his neck and drew him into a long kiss.

"Yes," I said once we had stopped.