3 - The Dance

The next morning, Liam seemed half excited to go to school. We talked and laughed on the way there. We even sat together at lunch. I think I've finally made myself a new friend. Liam had asked to come over Tuesday after school and I agreed because I was bored. So we sat in the living room and our parents went out to eat.

"Hey Jessi?" Liam started, "Would you like to go to the dance with me, as friends of course."

I smiled and responded, "Ya sure, I haven't gotten any other invitations so why not,"

"Great, now I don't have to go alone. Thank you by the way,"

"For what?"

"For being nice to someone you just met four days ago. For accepting my invitation to the dance even though you probably have a billion other friends you could go with. You're really nice you know,"

"Just trying to live life like a Christian."

-----

Wednsday seemed to come so fast. On the afternoon of the dance, I had picked out a dazzling dress that was short and tight but also elegant. It showed all my curves and also made me feel fancy. It was a light pink color and so were my heels. My makeup complimented the shoes and dress well and so did my handbag.

Soon the doorbell rang and in came dressed up Liam. He was hot. Hotter than ever in his suit and tie. I hated how we were just going to the dance as friends. I thought we could be so much more.

"You clean up nicely, Liam," I said, as I met him at the door.

"Well you look pretty great yourself." He said.

"Aww look at my baby going on a date with the son of my friend," my mom intruded.

"Mom! We're just friends!" I exclaimed, my face flushed red.

"Sure whatever you say honey, now go have fun,"

"Will do," I replied back. I let Liam drive me there since he was my date, even if we were going as just friends. I was super excited to see what the student council had done to he place, normally these things were very well planned.

The filled gym was decorated with beach scene decorations but it was so loud with the music blaring and people screaming. Couples were making out everywhere and I spotted Diane and Mason arguing about something.

"Would you like to dance?" Liam shouted over the crowd.

"Sure," I shouted back. He grabbed my hand and I couldn't help but blush. Feeling his skin touch mine was all that I needed.

We danced to hip hop songs for a while that were hula themed until the music got a little slower and the DJ stepped in.

"Take your partner and slow dance to one of the best slow dancing songs there is." He said.

"May I?" Liam asked, holding his hand out.

"You may," I said, all fancy like. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. I could smell his cologne as I put my hands on top of his shoulders. Our bodies moved to the rhythm of the music as we took each step in sync. I smiled at Liam and he smiled back. His smile was so adorable. I looked at his lips, so inviting. I think Liam felt the same because he leaned in a little closer.

He leaned all the way down and placed his lips gently on top of mine. He removed his hand from my waist and cupped my face with it. I curved my hands around his neck, drawing him closer to me and making him easier for me to kiss. What was I doing?! Kissing a non religious boy who swears and is disrespectful! Ya I think he's hot but that's no excuse. I pull away from him and stare into his eyes. He stares back into mine and I feel like I want to cry.

I turn and run. I run out of the gym and the school, and leave Liam behind. What the hell was I thinking? Pardon my bad language but it seems fitting for the setting.

I realize I don't have the keys to my car, but luckily my house isn't too far away from the school. I decide to just walk home with the cool night air on my face. I feel awful. I feel like trash. For someone who had asked me to the dance and laughed with me and I bailed on him just because he kissed me. I can't even say I didn't want him to, it's just so awkward. How will I ever even speak to him again. Good thing schools out, otherwise I would have to drive him and I couldn't even imagine that.

I spent the rest of my night in my bed, worrying about all of these problems.