𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER SEVEN
I Will Always Be Here

The group had united with Nikolai. "There he is, the pain in the ass." Marissa greeted.

    "Good to see you, Marissa." Nikolai said, bringing her into a tight hug.

    "Good to see you too, Nik." Marissa replied, pulling away. "Come on, we should go."

    Marissa agreed and walked back with the group, the Fold started to rumble.

    "We go in, we find Alina and Mal." Nikolai ordered.

    Kaz held the cane out for Nikolai to take, "here."

    "Don't you need it?" Nikolai asked with furrowed brows.

    "I've got more experience with pain." Kaz responded as they all stared into the darkness.

    They slowly moved into the mist and Marissa felt a small surge of power flow into her veins. "Follow me." Tolya said, so they did.

    As they walked into the somewhat covered area, Volcra growled as the monsters saw the group. "In there." Tolya said, pulling them all into the corridor.

    "Metal hinges. Jesper." Wylan noticed as the door closed.

    "Move." Jesper said, rushing to the door.

    "That should hold the Volcra." Nadia shrugged.

    "We'll see." Jesper replied.

    Marissa created a shadow in her hand, making the ones who did not know who she was widen their eyes. "Yes, I am Kirigan's younger sister, no I did not help create the Fold or expand it, him and I share a link, meaning whenever one of us gets hurt, the other feels it... let's see, oh, I don't just summon shadows, I can create them. Alright, all caught up? Yeah? Perfect." Marissa explained in a rushed tone.

    "That's a lot." Nadia whispered.

    The monsters started slithering in and hissing.

    "Everybody, back." Tamar said.

    "Kirigan's shadow monster."

    "But without the blade, how do you kill a shadow?"

    "All we have is this."

    Nadia and her brother used the wind they summoned to push it back, but it only grew.

    Nikolai glanced at Marissa, "no."

    Marissa stepped forward, holding her hand out, making the monster stop. "Holy shit. I can't really control it, but..." Marissa created a shadow and it started chasing the shadow around the room. "Huh."

    Everything felt brighter.

    "Saints! She did it." Nadia exclaimed, referring to Alina.

    "Why is it still here?" Tamar questioned.

    "The sun can't kill it!" Kaz answered.