Chapter 9

Hello hello beautiful people ❤️ Welcome back! I missed you guys 😭

This chapter should 10000% be titled 'Waffle' because that's literally all it is. Like, it's just me rambling for 3600 words. It barely has a point, to be honest, but I didn't want to not post it at the same time. If I ever eventually get this story published as a book, there's no way this chapter makes the cut 😂 So enjoy it whilst you can!

P.s do you like the fake Reece insta profile thing? I could do ones for the other characters if so 🤔

And finally, a much needed shoutout goes to Nash_Books for all your amazing support 🙌

****
PRESENT DAY

As I reach the side of the car, I stop and send a pointed glare towards Christian, who's still just sitting there watching me like he has been doing the entire time.

"Are we good?" He asks, seemingly immune to the annoyance I'm aiming at him through my gaze, although he clearly can sense there is an issue.

"As long as you don't go round putting words in my mouth anymore, yeah, we're fine." I bite back, maybe adding too much ammunition for the statement to seem true, but I'm pissed he told Reece something I never said, and I wonder how many other twisted truths he's capable of telling behind my back.

Whatever. It's done now. I can't think about that anymore. Now, it's time for me to stop living in the fantasies in my head and actually interact with these boys in the real world.

I pause, looking down at myself and wishing I didn't feel so...underdressed is not the right word, but my black dress, corset belt, ripped tights and oversized shirt, that I of course stole from Cal, don't exactly make up the most flattering of outfits, and more self-consciousness is not what I need when I'm about to get into a car with four of the most attractive guys I've ever laid eyes on. Well done, Cady.

Conscious of Reece standing behind me waiting for me to move, I get a hold of myself and take a deep breath like I'm about to dive underwater

Conscious of Reece standing behind me waiting for me to move, I get a hold of myself and take a deep breath like I'm about to dive underwater. In reality, I'm just ducking into a car with the knowledge that I'm about to be sat between Max and Reece for the foreseeable future, so the deep breath is entirely necessary.

I try not to visibly shake with nerves as I slide across the back seat into the middle one, Chris and Sam both watching from the front as I do. I avoid looking at them directly, like they're the sun or something, and even though I can feel his eyes on me, I can't look at Max either.

"Sorry." I murmur to him quietly, needing to shuffle a little closer to him so Reece can fit into the last seat, the feeling of my leg pressing against his jolting me like electricity. I draw it away from him as much and as quickly as I can, but it's not like there's much space now that Reece has shut the door and I'm stuck between the two of them in a space that was definitely not intended to fit two six foot plus boys before even adding me to the mix.