Chapter 2: What do teens do best?

Despite being villains, or people who have done questionable things, none of them particularly liked the look they saw on Midoriya's face when he answered Twice's question. There was a sort of resignation in the kid's face that didn't fit with the image that they had of him in their minds.

For Shigaraki and Kurogiri, it felt wrong to see it on his face because they had only seen bright eyes and a fierce determination. They remember how he looked in the heat of battle at the USJ attack. But that look wasn't there, instead the hero brat looked as if he didn't care about what would happen to him at that moment. It crossed Shigaraki's mind that if someone else were in danger, Midoriya's face would look different.

Meanwhile, for Compress, Spinner, Magne, Toga, and Dabi the look on Midoriya's face wasn't anything that they were expecting to see. They had all seen snippets of Midoriya from the sports festival. They saw the power that he inflicted with just one flick of a finger. When Midoriya had been warped, they had expected a fight with a UA student full of energy and righteousness.

But they hadn't gotten that at all.

Instead, they watched as a hero student, that had fought Shigaraki and Kurogiri, greet them like they were old buddies. Then went and used the kitchen in the back to heat up their soup. Why the kids even had soup or was buying it so late was another question.

None of them even knew that the bar has something other than alcohol and maybe water until Midoriya had asked Kurogiri for tea.

Shigaraki didn't have an answer to explain Midoriya's behavior either. They saw the look of confusion on his face when Midoriya essentially talked trash about All Might. None of the information he gave was actually going to be useful in the take down of any heroes. Unless they somehow defeated All Might with spicy foods, which didn't seem likely.

Everything that came out of Midoriya's mouth threw them for a loop and they were confused when Shigaraki had said that Midoriya was All Might's successor, that his Sensei had told him so. The others knew that Sensei was Shigaraki's boss and that the man was not meant to be messed with. But Midoriya confidently told them that he was not planning to be the next symbol of peace, which any successor to All Might would be.

How Shigaraki's Sensei could be wrong, they didn't know. They left it alone though, as Spinner asked more about All Might and Midoriya went on a whole explanation as how to how the number one hero was someone that should not be teaching at all. And even though the kid said a lot, they had a feeling that he might have been holding back.

They would be right in thinking that.

The villains weren't at all ready for him to answer their questions with brutal honesty. They sure as hell weren't ready for Midoriya to tell them that he thought it was fine to tell them his opinions because they would actually listen and not hurt him, they weren't ready for him to talk about being hurt by others like it was nothing.

Twice asked him the question that was on everybody's mind.

"Are-are you okay kid?"

They saw Midoriya smile as if the question that Twice asked was something funny.

"Nope," he said before taking another sip of tea.

The bar was oddly quiet for those few seconds after hearing that one word.

Various thoughts ran rampant in everyone's mind. What's wrong with this kid? Why does he look so tired? How can he be so calm right now? Why hasn't he fought back?

These were the things they were going over in their heads before they were interrupted by Toga's voice.

"Oh Izuku-kun! If you're sad, do you want a hug, do you want to stab someone!? That always makes me feel better."