Chapter 33: Curiosity killed the cat

There's a moment when Izuku's body stilled and the blacked tendrils retreated, only to seemingly explode a moment later.

Everyone ducked as their vision was filled with black and the tendrils rushed out towards them before returning back to Izuku, seemingly inside of him. When they did, Izuku's body suddenly slumped onto the ground. He didn't move.

The silence that came with the sight of Izuku's unmoving body was deafening.

Jin was the first one to move.

"No no no no no no no no nonononononono," the man frantically said as he knelt down beside Izuku's body. Everyone could see how Jin's hands reached out to touch the kid but simply hovered, shaking. There was no attention paid to the blood dripping from the cut on his face. Jin's eyes were simply on Izuku.

Then Jin's hands reached into his hair, gripping it tightly. "I'm going to split. I'm going to split. I'm gonna spli-I can't-I ca-Please move Izu-I don't want to spli-"

He stopped when Toga grabbed his hands.

Her face was dead serious when she grabbed his hands and pulled them away from his hair. When they were grabbing her hand, she used her other hand to reach down to Izuku's neck placing two fingers to check his pulse. When she felt the tell-tale sign of blood still pumping and the warmth of his skin she let out a sigh of relief and looked back at Jin. "Izuku-kun is just sleeping Jin. See look, he's breathing."

Jin looked back at Izuku and saw the way his body moved slightly with each breathe, never mind how shallow it seemed to be. When Toga squeezed his hand he looked back at her.

"Let's get you cleaned up while Shiggy and Giri take care of Izuku-kun."

When Jin nodded, they both got up and Toga led him away. Meanwhile, Kurogiri came forward to pick up Izuku since Tomura was missing his gloves and Dabi seemed hesitant to touch Izuku considering the heat he was giving off.

"Tomura, let's go to the room," Kurogiri said once he picked Izuku up and walked away.

Tomura followed him into his room where Kurogiri had set Izuku on his bed. Using scissors the warp user removed Izuku's shirt to avoid aggravating any other injuries and burns. "I think it would be best if we took Izuku to him, Tomura."

Tomura scratched at his neck and looked anxiously at Izuku who had yet to move at all during the process and looked pale.

"Fine, just hurry up with the warp."

______________

All for One had hoped it would be under better circumstances that he would have seen Izuku in person. Having the boy be presented to him, unconscious with burns while his student was to the side visibly anxious was not what he had in mind. However, he was quickly able to use one of the rare healing quirks he had stored to heal the burns and bruises on the boy. He felt thankful to the old woman who had given him the quirk before she had died.

"Is he going to be okay Sensei?" Tomura asked after seeing the burns disappear only to leave behind what looked like mildly irritated skin.

AFO placed a reassuring hand on the shoulder of his student. "He's physically fine, but I don't know why he's not waking up yet. There were no major head or spinal injuries. I think we'll just have to wait."

Tomura nodded while Kurogiri opened a warp gate back to the bar.

Though, before they left, All for One touched Izuku's head to double-check that indeed all injuries were healed to the best of his capabilities. He was pleased that there was nothing else but he paused when he heard a whispered: "Thank you".