Dear my once lover

Dear my once lover,

How can it be, that I still long for us, even when I now know, the us I long for never existed.

The us, that would fight for each other, endure battles and hold onto everything we had, and everything to come.

How come it be, that I still have an ounce of hope, that maybe just maybe, destiny is on our side.

Even when, I have now seen your happy face, your happy heart, in the hands of your new lover.

She's pretty, she's endearing and a ray of sunshine, just like how I wished I could be.

How I could be the one to connect with you, support you and laugh with you through all seasons to come.

But now I wait, with a heart full of bitterness, a tint of accept and a grain of excitement for the cherry blossoms, to take me back to a time when us was still a thing.

Then maybe, I will be okay with the seasons that have passed. And the months I have left behind since that day the 28th.

Maybe then, my hurt will melt away, as I watch the flower pedals carry our memories to the ground.

One by one, they will paint the ground pink. Just like how I used to see the world from a tinted pink perspective.

And so I hope, that when I stand there beneath the trees, just like in the pretty paintings, staring upon the sky above.

I will feel the warmth of the sun, warmth of your hug, and I will reassured that everything will be alright.

That I will be okay, and that I will get through just fine.

Are you doing fine? 

Dear my once lover,
The cherry blossoms are almost here.