Six

How could he be so cruel?

How could he do this to me? To them?

How can my father move up the next extermination to six months?

Lizzie hasn't slept a wink since Charlie gave her the horrible news. And the fact that it's going all around Hell that the next Extermination is happening in six months broke Lizzie's heart. She knew Adam can be a total asshole, but she didn't think he would pull something like this.

Charlie and Vaggie tried to go inside her room to console her, but she turned them away and claimed she wanted to be alone. To the other guests, they didn't understand why Lizzie was so upset. They assumed it was the extermination but that's only half of the truth. Lizzie tried to understand why Adam would act that way toward her. He used to be so proud of her. So, when Charlie said he hated her gift it crushed her. It was although she was just another sinner to him. Adam raised her and now he doesn't give two shits what happens to her. Lizzie wasn't sure if he was trying to put up a tough act in front of the other angels, it had to be some sort of misunderstanding. Isn't it?

Her eyes were dried from crying all night. She didn't even bother going to bed. She sat on her chair in front of the vanity mirror with her head against her forearms. When she brought her head up her eyes gazed at the rubber duck Lucifer gave her as her parting gift. Her delicate fingers rubbed the top head as she let out a shaky breath.

She wondered if Lucifer would act the same if she left Hell. If all this "catching up" is just some charade because he didn't want another kid. He already had a family before she came along, Whose to say he wouldn't be happy if she returned to Heaven?

"You wouldn't leave? Would you?" she muttered to no one. As much as she loved being in Heaven with her mother and Adam, she felt more at home, in Hell, with the Morningstars. She heard someone appear in her room. Assuming it was Charlie, Lizzie waved her fingers toward the pillow to levitate it before throwing it at the assailant. "Charlie, I said get out!"

The shadow moved out of the way before saying, "Well, that's one way to say hello."

Lizzie's eyes widened before she turned to see Alastor, who was fixing his coat. "Shit, I'm sorry, Alastor. I thought you were Charlie." As much as she loves talking to the radio demon, Lizzie didn't want any visitors. Yet, she didn't want to be rude. "What are you doing here?"

Alastor pretended to be dumb, but he saw how Lizzie was upset last night. He didn't care the slightest, although, it did pique his interest as to why Lizzie was so saddened after Charlie returned. There's no way it was about the Extermination. Otherwise, she would have been shocked and surprised like everyone else. And she retreated to her room before the news even showed, interrupting their commercial.

"We were all worried about you last night," he said.

"I appreciate their concern but I'm fine. And I'd like to be alone for now. If you don't mind."

Alastor teleported to stand next to Lizzie. "Awe, what's the matter?" He grabbed her chin and tilted it up so they looked at each other's eyes. "I just hate to see you not smiling, my deer. Doesn't really suit you." 

He snapped his fingers and Lizzie found her outside on the balcony with him. They were sitting across from each other on the table when Alastor made two coffee cups appear. His was red with 'Oh Deer' written on the front while hers was gray with 'Heavens Sake' on the front. Oh, the irony.

"I swear, it's nothing you have to worry about," Lizzie declined the nice offer. "It's a me thing."

"Yes, but it sounds like you need someone to talk to. Someone other than family," he tried to push. He took a sip of his coffee. "It might be a bit more refreshing to get an outsider's point of view."