Fifteen

The girls happily gave Lucifer a tour of the hotel. Lizzie was in a bubblier mood after their talk and she felt...well, she felt really happy. While Charlie takes the lead and explains everything about the interior of the hotel and what they're trying to accomplish, Lizzie never left Lucifer's side. Vaggie glanced back and smiled, happy that Lizzie's finally accepted her family.

"So, once we have the proof that redemption is possible, this whole hotel will be full of demons wanting to check out into heaven!" Charlie continued to explain to Lucifer. "We just need a little time to prove it. The sharing circles haven't been working as fast as I hoped."

Lizzie heard a psst and slightly glanced back to see Husk calling for Alastor. Alastor stopped midway and twisted his head 180 degrees to look at Husk while his body turned around.

"What is it?" Alastor asked as the Morningstars rounded the corner. Lizzie stayed back so Alastor wouldn't be too far behind from them.

"You and I both know Mimzy only shows up when she needs something," Husk whispered. "That bitch is trouble, and who knows what kind of demon she fucked with to come running to you this time?"

"It's nothing I can't handle," Alastor cockily reassured him. "Don't worry, Husker." He turned back around and tried to catch up with the group. "Who in their right mind would cross me?"

Lizzie pressed her back against the wall as she listened in on their conversation. Husk took a deep breath and said, "I mean...you've been gone a while, and it's not like anybody knows why."

"They don't need to know." Alastor rubbed Husk's ears, which made him very irritated. "And don't you worry your fuzzy head about it."

"You may own my soul, but I ain't your fucking pet!" Husk growled.

Alastor chuckled. His body turned back around and he leaned back. "But you are! Haha!"

He continued to walk back to join the tour until Husk whispered, "Big talk for someone who's also on a leash."

Lizzie poked her head from around the corner right when Alaster halted. His eyes turned to dials as the lights flickered. Alastor slowly looked over is shoulder and sneered, "Aha, what did you say?"

Before Husk could say anything, a green chain wrapped itself around his neck before forcing him to the ground. Lizzie silently gasped when she saw how scared Husk was. She'd never seen him show this much emotion before.

"Fuck! Nothing! I, uhm..." Husk's voice shook as he tried to lie.

Alastor slowly approached him. The green chain was twirling around his mic stand. Lizzie looked up when the lights continued to flicker with each step Alastor took in anger. He kept yanking the chain to choke Husk to remind him who was really in charge.

"If you ever say that again, I will tear your soul apart and broadcast your screams for every other disrespectful wretch who dares to question me!" Alastor threatened. The closer he got to Husk the more of his demonic side showed. Husk shivered in fear as Alastor leaned over with a threatening snarl.

"Understood," Husk quaked. Lizzie quickly walked over, in case she needed to interfere. She didn't know what deal Husk made with Alastor, but she didn't want Alastor to hurt her friend.

"Lovely," Alastor chuckled. He saw Husk glancing behind and turned to see Lizzie making her way toward them. "Lizzie, deer! You didn't have to wait for me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't want us to get separated," she lied. Lizzie gasped and ran around Alastor to pull Husk up. "What happened? Are you ok?"

"He's fine," Alastor dismissed. "Just having a lovely talk. Right, Husker?" Behind Lizzie, Alastor sent Husk a threatening glare. His eyes were replaced with radio dials his antlers appeared out of his head.