3 decades and you still suck

"Are we there yet?" Fred, the curly haired drummer asked, while kicking his feet over the table from across Eric, who squeezed at the blood bag he'd been drinking from.

Tom broke concentration from the chessboard in front of him, looking out the window. He then glanced back at Fred shaking his head no, as he'd only seen other vehicles in different lanes and green countryside landscaping.

Fred sighed, leaning his head back against the seat while twirling a drumstick in his hand. He felt like he'd spent half an eternity in that metal tube of a tour bus.

A snicker was shortly heard from Jeff, as he knocked over Tom's Knight, cracking a smug smirk while placing his King on the white square. "3 decades and you still suck." Jeff chuckled.

Eric's eyes fixated on the plasma tv hung just above Fred. He'd been watching an episode of a sitcom named 'Dallas', feeding his infatuation with Charlene Tilton.

"Ouch. In my defense, you always pick Chess because it's your forte." Tom sarcastically remarked, rolling his eyes in the process.

Fred watched his 2 band mates break out into a camaraderie fueled bicker, something they often did, nothing new.

"Tom, why exactly are we going back to Weston Hollow? I thought we'd fled to live 'normal' lives. Going back just.. Doesn't make any sense." The confused drummer pointed out, while running a hand through his dark brown curls.

"Because it turns out we have unfinished business. So founder's day should-Jeff, that doesn't count!" He snarled at the guitarist sat in front of him.

"Okay, okay, I'll take that one back." Jeff chuckled, moving his piece back to where it was.

"It should be a great opportunity to make our comeback." Tom nodded over at Fred, who looked back quizzically.

"And tell them what, Tom? We risk getting our cover blown." Fred shook his head.

"Yes, I love you too-" Tom and Fred both looked at Eric who'd been daydreaming about Charlene again.

"Eric, snap out of it." Tom smirked and Eric's eyes darted to him only to glare daggers his way, then focusing back on the tv.

Fred held in his laughter, as he was still on the case, interrogating Tom.

Tom looked back at the chessboard, moving yet another piece. "Fred relax, we've got everything under control. Our agenda will be, the descendants of those who founded Hollow. Shouldn't be that hard should it?" Tom calmly reasoned.

Fred sighed in defeat, "Okay." he slowly nodded. He didn't mind going back, he'd just have to adjust to living there again. But he definitely knew Tom was up to something.

His gaze then shifted to Eric, who was drinking from yet another blood bag. "Wow, you might wanna slow down dude. It's your third bag in 20 minutes." Fred nodded at the bag Eric was holding, only for Eric to wave him off dismissively. "Well I'd be draining the driver instead, but Tom said no.." Eric shrugged, earning a chuckle from Fred.