Courage and Cowardice

Michael emerged from his bedroom in a tank top and sweat pants, rubbing his eyes.
"What's going on?" he asked inquisitively.
Henry and William looked at each other. Then, William spoke. "Go back to bed, Michael. You don't want to watch this."
"What is it?" Michael asked. He got closer and saw the strange graphics and animations on the television, characteristic of the other two of the tapes. "You're watching it without us?"
"We don't think it'd benefit any of us by showing you or your siblings," William explained. "Just go back to bed."
Michael looked at his father, nervous to resist in his current state (which is to say, he was slightly drunk), but he swallowed hard, and said, "N-No. I wanna watch this."
"Michael—" William started sternly, causing Michael to flinch.
"Will, I don't see what it'd hurt," Henry spoke up in Michael's defence. "He's nearly fourteen, after all. I think he can handle it."
William waved his hand dismissively while slowly, Michael sat down next to Henry.

(2:48-3:10)
Michael glanced over at his father, who held a stone-cold expression and was fixated on the television. The room was so still and quiet, Michael thought he heard his father's heartbeat from across the room.
(3:11-4:18)
Henry raised an eyebrow at this discovery, not fully understanding why William would spend most of his income building an underground bunker. He did not care, though.
Although it had not happened yet, Henry still could not forgive him for what he would do to his little girl. Since his wife had died of cancer a few years back, his daughter gave him the strength needed to overcome his grief. Should anything happen to his little girl, he knew not what he would do.
(4:19-4:36)
Michael thought himself as brave; not afraid of anything or anyone. However, the revelations that this prophet gave, frightened him to his core. He turned his head toward Henry and Henry, instinctively, wrapped his arm around Michael comfortingly, as if he was a second father to Michael.
(4:37-5:00)
Henry rolled his eyes at this remark.
(5:01-5:46)
"Really..." Henry glared at William, who proceeded to ignore him.
Michael forced himself to turn back toward the television, adrenaline rushing through his entire body. He felt as though his heart would tire out because of the speed in which it was beating.
(5:47-6:04)
Henry just shook his head as William closed his eyes and took a deep breath, unwilling to believe in the monster he would become.
(6:05-6:25)
As if fated, tears began to fall from Michael's eyes. He tried to stop them, but to no avail. Henry pulled him close in an effort to comfort him, but Michael, the stubborn teenage boy that he was, still attempted to stop crying. It was this sort of thing that he teased his younger brother about daily. Does this make him a hypocrite?
(6:26-6:53)
"Unbelievable..." Henry muttered under his breath as he sighed, glancing at William in brief intervals, who dared to look away from the screen, as if it grappled his soul.
(6:54-7:22)
Michael looked down at his body and felt his face. Surely, he didn't look that much like his father, did he? He puzzled at the breathless voice of his older self, wondering what his fate would've been.
(7:23-8:54)
Michael gasped and turned away again. He knew that his fate, or destiny, was gruesome, but he was not prepared for this. Henry sighed in anger as Michael buried his face in the bend of Henry's elbow.
Henry glanced over at William, expecting the same deadpan expression on his face. However, he saw something twinkle in the low light of the living room; was this a tear?
(8:55-9:03)
Michael was startled by the purple eyes that his older self had accumulated. Perplexed by it, he sat forward on the edge of the couch, pushing down any lingering fear.
(9:04-9:36)
Michael cringed at the gruesome descriptions of his older self's tormented existence. He flinched when he saw his older self vomit out the tangles of wires and mechanical parts into the sewage drain.
(9:36-10:22)
Michael grinned a bit when he found out that he was destined to undo his father's sins. However, he was still filled with dread and uncertainty; though this had not happened yet, were they doomed to suffer this torment?
(10:23-11:22)
Michael sank back into the couch close to Henry and Charlie. He always felt safer with Henry than his own father.
Of course, now, he was afraid for his younger brother. He teased and bullied Evan a lot, but he still loved him. He would still do anything in his power to protect him, even more so now that he knows what he would do to his own brother.
(11:23-12:07)
Michael forced himself to watch his older self suffer. He did not know why, but he knew that it was imperative for him to know his fate. Perhaps, he could change it.
(12:07-12:31)
"Me too..." Henry mumbled under his breath. "People are idiots..."
(12:32-13:00)
"Yeah..." Michael looked down, ashamed of what he had done—or rather, what he would do. His actions would start a chain reaction that would lead to the eventual insanity of his father, the killing of his friends and family, and his own demise.
(13:00-13:22)
Of course. That damned suit ought to be thrown into the furnace. William thought.
(13:23-14:34)
At least his brother moved on, as well as the five poor children. Michael smiled for only a second, then frowned again.
(14:35-14:43)
Of course. William closed his eyes and sighed. He did not yet know the hell of being trapped within that animatronic prison. However, he felt bits and pieces of the pain that he would experience, both emotionally and physically.
(14:44-14:50)
I should know myself by now. Should this ever happen, I wouldn't be able to let it go until I end it. Henry thought. He shifted in his seat, Charlie snuggling closer to him.
(14:51-15:03)
Future me couldn't think of any other way to finish him off? Henry scoffed at the idea.
(15:04-15:57)
Henry just nodded. He now knew what his future self was doing.
(15:58-16:57)
Henry glanced at William at that last part. Michael, again, turned away, afraid of what would happen to both him and his family.
(16:58-17:29)
"Justice," Henry whispered. No one heard him.
William just took a deep breath and sighed.
(17:30-17:35)
Without caring about his reputation as "the tough guy," Michael grabbed onto Henry's arm in fear. Henry looked down at him and smiled. He then wrapped an arm around Michael in an attempt to comfort him.
This was the same kid who had nearly traumatized his siblings with horror films. Now, he could relate to the fear he inflicted on his siblings.
(17:36-18:18)
William rolled his eyes. He always hated those things and, thanks to these tapes, Henry knew he did as well.
(18:19-19:26)
No matter how much William wanted to look away, he found his gaze locked onto the screen, as if in a trance.
(19:27-19:50)
That doesn't even make sense. Henry thought to himself.
(19:51-19:56)
As the tape ejected, the room stood still, no one daring to move or make any sort of noise. Finally, reluctantly, William stood up and retrieved the tape. He put it back in the box and wordlessly grabbed the next one. It did not have a number or title. Only a question mark.
Apprehensively, he put it in the machine, and it began to play.

III

A/N: Thank you all for tuning in to another chapter! There will probably only be two more, and I probably won't do the last part, as it's irrelevant for Henry. Comment if you would like to see it. Anyway, I have another story out. If you like The Walking Dead, and if you have ever had a crush on Maggie (which I did when I was younger and still do), you'll like it. It's called The Walking Dead: Together. I only have a couple chapters left of this story before it's finished, so I figured; what the heck? Haha! I hope you enjoy that story and I hope you've been enjoying this one! ❤️