Chapter 8

Hot shot was getting treatment for Medulloblastoma a type of brain cancer. Hot shot was finally back home. Hot shot has a lot of medicine to take still. Hot shot has to see the doctor a lot. He has to go to the hospital a lot still too. He also had to get treatment for a while.

The rest of Hot shot's hair fell out. He also lost his eyebrows and eyelashes. Hot shot was in shock about this to say the least. But Hot shot knew it was going to happen so he felt a bit better about it. Hot shot was able to use the hats his mummy, granny and grandmum made for him.

Hot shot still had to go back and forth to the hospital at times for scans, tests, and treatments such as chemotherapy and blood transfusions. Hot felt like it was a lot. Hot shot sometimes went to infusion center for a treatment and then go home. But other times he had to stay overnight or a few days. Hot shot knew this was going to take a lot of getting used too. But he was getting used to it pretty quickly.

Sometimes whenever Hot shot wasn't feeling well he had to be taken to the hospital to stay for a few days. That also included if he had a little fever. Whenever Hot shot came in with a little fever he had to stay in isolation. Hot shot wasn't to happy about that. But he got beads for each thing he did at the hospital still.

Hot shot already had quite a few beads too and he loved his beads. "These beads are the coolest aren't they Roxy?" Hot shot asked.

Roxy was being a big help to Hot shot. Many of the things the doctors or nurses would do, they would do it to Roxy first. That way Hot shot didn't feel as scared of nervous about getting treatments. Hot shot felt better about that and sometimes he asked Roxy to go first. The doctors and nurses were more than happy to do so.

Hot shot hated getting the lumbar punctures. They hurt and he didn't like needles too much. So Hot shot watched the video from the Imaginary friends society about how to handle shots. Hot shot felt better after watching it. He knew now even though shots hurt, they are suppose to help you.

Hot shot was still able to be a kid during treatment. Hot shot was able to enjoy going out with his family for a weekend get away, or go see family, or go out to dinner, go to the movies, go to the mall with his parents, go to the zoo, play games and even go on a vacation if possible. Because Hot shot was still a kid and he should get to be one.

Right now they were doing many fun things. They wanted Hot shot's time during treatment to be as valuable as possible. They wanted him to be very happy.

Hot shot was happy to be spending a lot of time with his parents. His other family members were also coming around to spend time with him. Hot shot was very happy they were here to spend time with him.

Hot shot was going to go to Kindergarten in the fall. Hot shot was happy find out his friends Hoist, Medix, Whirl and Wedge would be going to the same school as him. He was hoping they were going to be in the same class. But he was worrying about a few things. He was wondering what the other kids would think about his cancer and him. So he was a little nervous.

"That is understandable, but most kids will learn from a child life specialist while you are getting treatment when you go to school," Dr. Zhao explained.

"Oh, okay," Hot shot said. Hot shot felt better after talking to Dr. Zhao about it.

Hot shot was doing much better right now. Hot shot was still getting treatment for his brain cancer though.

Hot shot was hoping that it would all be over soon.

Hot shot still had to go to the hospital very often. He needed to be checked out by the doctors to make sure he was doing okay. They wanted to check on everything. They wanted to make sure Hot shot was happy and healthy during treatment.

Hot shot's treatment was going very well. Hot shot had been getting treatment for over a year. It had been almost a year and a half since Hot shot had started treatment. Hot shot was seeing Dr. Zhao today to see news about his scans and tests. "I have great news," Dr. Zhao said.

"What is it?" Hot shot asked.

"Hot shot's scans have come back clean and as have the other tests," Dr. Zhao said. "They have been looking good and clean for past couple of months," she said. "Hot shot is in remission and has no evidence of the disease," she said.

"What does that mean?" Hot shot asked.

"It means you beat cancer Hot shot," Dr. Zhao said.

"That is wonderful," Quickshadow said.

"That is the best news ever," Heatwave said.

"I did it," Hot shot said.

"Hot shot you will still need to get treatment for several more weeks," Dr. Zhao said. "After that you will need to come back for scans every few months for the first few years to make sure the cancer is gone and staying away," she said. "But after five years no sign of the tumor coming back you will be officially cancer free," she told him.

"Oh boy," Hot shot said. "That is cool," he said.

"Yes it is," Dr. Zhao said.

Hot shot got a few more weeks of chemotherapy to help just in case there were any cancer cells that were not see. Hot shot soon got to ring the bell to celebrate finishing his cancer treatment. "Ya, good job Hot shot," Quickshadow said.

"Way to go son," Heatwave said.

"I did it," Hot shot said.

"Good job Hot shot," Dr. Hetherington said.

"I am going to miss everyone here at the hospital," Hot shot said.

"You are still going to need scans and checks up a bunch of times for the next five years to make sure the cancer is staying away," Dr. Zhao said. "It will be for every month to three months at first so you will be seeing me a lot," she said.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

The months started to pass. Hot shot saw his hair was starting to grow back. It was very short and thin. But it started to thicken after a few weeks. It was a bit of lighter shade of blonde than before. Hot shot liked his new hair a lot too. It was pretty cool.

Hot shot's scans were coming back clean. Hot shot was also getting check ups to make sure he is doing alright after his cancer treatment had finished. Hot shot was feeling a lot better than before. Hot shot still had his mobility issues but other than that he was doing okay.

In January Hot shot got his wish. It was a Newfoundland dog mobility service dog named Roxy. Both her and Hot shot had an immediate connection. Hot shot was happy to be with his service dog. He was close to her and Roxy did a good job at help Hot shot. Hot shot was able to bring her to Kindergarten with him. Hot shot was happy to be doing better.

Hot shot's scans were still coming back clean as the years went by. Hot shot was doing really well and becoming very strong and healthy.

Hot shot soon a man and all grown up. He hasn't had a reoccurrence of the cancer nor has he gotten any other cancers either. Hot shot is very lucky. Hoist, Medix, Whirl and Wedge also were lucky not to have a reoccurrence or a secondary cancer. They are still good friends and they all love to spend time together.

Hot shot has had his story shared online. To help inspire others and hopefully help kids with cancer. Hot shot also has a family of his own too. Hot shot was now helping other children who had brain tumors like him.

Hot shot will never forget his battle against brain cancer.   

🎉 You've finished reading Bravest Little Firefighter Stuffed animals and Best Friends Vs Brain tumor Fire 🎉