Chapter 4 | Confessions and Breakups

VERY LONG CHAPTER

3 years later

Since that moment, the two Fallen Angels had started falling for each other more then ever. During this time, the two didn't wanna rush into anything or confess until it was the right moment. One fallen angel thought that the other still had feelings for his past lover and the other thought they didn't have any feelings at all.

When it came to each other's feelings, they were sure were clueless. Their relationship had taken baby steps. (Y/n) understood Lucifer was still suffering through his depression and is slowing dealing with everything so she made it her priority to be by his side. Whether it was being outside his room or if he had invited her into his room, she would sit by him as he created new rubbers ducks. Which she was happy to watch.

In other words, she wanted to take her feelings slow and build up their relationship until she would confess. On the other hand thought, Lucifer was the exact opposite. While he was still suffering through his mental and emotional problems, he felt relief knowing he had his angel by his side. He didn't wanna rush anything with her but at the same time, this man was quickly catching feelings by ever second he saw her.

For example, he had given her a gift to show his appreciation for being his best friend. Even though, he wanted so much more then that. But ignoring the pain (Y/n) when he had claimed "best friend", she loved it.

"Awww! It's a rubber duckie of me! Thank you! Thank you sooo much!" She says, hugging him tightly as Lucifer madly blushed, hoping she hadn't seen his face

"N-no problem~ anything for you" He mumbled the last bit, swearing she hadn't heard that

(Y/n) then got the idea of switching ducks. She noticed how he gushed over the fact that this was the best duck he has ever made. So she decided that instead of her keeping the duck version of her to herself, she would keep Lucifer rubber duck while he would keep her duck. And she may or may have not sat the two ducks next to each other which Lucifer fangirled internally at the sight, pouty how his rubber duck of himself got to be closer to rubber duck (Y/n).

Lucifer just knew the little things she did made him love her even more. And the same could be said to (Y/n). Whenever Lucifer had created a new rubber duck, he would showcase it to her as she sat on the seat as if he was showcasing it to the audience. It was an adorable sight to see and was really glad he was slowly turning back to his usual self.

⋆˙✮🐍✮⋆˙⸆⸉⋆˙✮❤✮⋆˙⸆⸉⋆˙✮🐍✮⋆˙⸆⸉⋆˙✮❤✮⋆˙⸆⸉

Lucifer was indeed feeling up to his regular self in a way. His nightmares have still been appearing but it was little more bearable. You see, after some time, (Y/n) had confronted Lucifer about the nightmares in the last months and although he wasn't open at first, his walls came down bit by bit until he told (Y/n) what he had been dreaming about. Most of it being Lilith and their past.

(Y/n) made sure he wasn't trying to use alcohol as an escape from his troubles. And seeing how her being in the same room had helped him, they decided to make a compromise. While (Y/n) still thought it was rude to sleep on the same bed, so she agreed to "move into" Lucifer's room and offered to sleep on his couch close to him as a solution.

Even though he wanted her to be much closer, it was a start. He hoped once they become more comfortable with each other, he'd get to hold again. And (Y/n) was pretty comfortable already and even more knowing she wasn't alone anymore. Don't get her wrong, she was use to having her own room and sleeping alone but at the time, when Lucifer had a family of his own, it felt different.