𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋

I've never seen so much food in my life. Sure my District was considered one of the riches but come on, even I've never seen this much food so fast. I start eating with Cato across the table from me. He steals glances at me as I read something in a paper. Then comes in the escort with two people that I immediately recognize.

"Enobaria, nice to meet you." I stand up and shake her hand while the other shakes Cato's.

"You must be Brutus, it's an honor."

"Oh I know you, the Hadleys have always been friends of mine, glad to see their rein doesn't end." Brutus replies to Cato.

"Clove is it?" Enobaria asks.

"Yes ma'am." I reply.

"Oh no need for that, just call me Eno. Yes, I've seen you before. Top of your class as well?"

"Yes ma'am."

Her eyes go stern.

"Eno."

She smiles.

"Ah so star pupils we have here, this should be fun." Brutus says.

We all go to the couch as they talk with us. There's not much for us to talk about combat wise but they do bring a lot of knowledge into the arena and what it's really like in there.

-

I go back to my room and sit down on a chair facing the window. I watch as we cruise through the tracks so fast that I don't even have time to look at the scenery before we're flying to another one. I hear a knock on my door and I get up to get it. When I open it it's our Escort.

"Siri Drinkle, your Escort, I thought I would properly introduce myself so here I am. Your stylist has gotten your full details and will hopefully be ready to make you look breathtaking for the parade!"

"Ah, can't wait." That was sarcasm.

"Eee, I know it's so exciting. Now, when you get to the capital I don't want the edges of your lips to fall at any second!" She says, motioning a smile with her fingers at the edge of her mouth. "Smile and wave they will adore you. Lucky for us we got some good looking tributes this year!"

"Good looking?"

"Oh yes, honey you are verrrry pretty."

"Oh, thank you."

"Well I'll see you in a bit, we'll be arriving in about 20 minutes!"

She closes the door and I'm left wondering how a person can have that much energy. I sit back down, but this time facing the mirror that's in my room. Ever since the incident with Lewis I've found my small beauty a crime to myself. If it helps me in the arena fantastic, but it won't stop creeps like Lewis from feeling me up when they get the chance. I don't even realize when I see Cato at the doorframe.

"Jesus Cato!" I jump.

"Sorry, if you have that much awareness you'll be dead in a minutes in the arena."

"Don't worry, I won't be as distracted."

"May I come in?"

"Why not, your feet are already."

He sits down at the seat as I stare at myself more. I feel his stare and I look at him.

"What?"

"Nothing you just have, a lot of freckles."

"Excuse me?"

"No no no it's not a bad thing, I'm just saying it's nice, fits your face."

"Smooth." I joke.