Chapter 2: Dancing Voyage

Two days after the competition, Cameron, the girls and the moms were all in Studio A as Abby was standing next to the pyramid recapping the competition and Sophia wasn't there due to her filming her scenes for a movie.

"We traveled to Youngstown and we won." Abby said. "We should've won as you are the National Champions, now let's move on to pyramid.

The dance teacher revealed the first photo of the pyramid, which was Chloe's photo.

"Starting off with Chloe. The thing that you need to work on is remembering the choreography and here's some advice, if you write it down

Christi for once had to agree with Abby over what she said.

"Next is..." The next photo that got revealed was Nia's photo. "...Nia, you did not apply the corrections, that's what you have to do and like we just said to Chloe, write it down."

"Next..." Mackenzie's photo was revealed. "...Mackenzie. I'll give you credit for doing well in the trio and when i took you out the group, you had this cute little part and thankfully that part was humorous and if they had started timing the dance, we would have been dq'ed and we will not be dq'ed as i've been doing this for 32 long years! Mackenzie, you aren't gonna be in the group dances going forward unless it is appropriate for you, is that all right with you?"

"Yes, Miss Abby." Mackenzie responded as Abby nodded before the dance teacher revealed Paige's photo.

"Paige, you got the featured part which was the big jump and tilt, which you could have made fabulous, but you messed it up as you were given an oppourtunigy and it turned out to be mediocre and instead of you running with it."

Paige nodded as she looked on before Abby revealed Maddie's headshot.

"Maddie, you were good in the trio and i can tell you have the Sophia hairdo. How about just continuing to bring the Sophia energy and the turns?"

Melissa just looked on and felt that was a ton of pressure on Maddie being compared to Sophia and she knew how the other moms felt when their daughters got compared to Maddie as Abby revealed the headshot of Kendall.

"Kendall, you were in the front and 100 times you were given a correction, We don't know if you kept up with Sophia."

Kendall listened as the photo after her photo was Alex's photo.

"Alex, you were great in your solo despite you getting 2nd and you were also great in the trio." Abby told him with a smile as the 10 year old boy nodded back and the top photo was Sophia's photo. "And on top is Sophia! It's kind of a given as she won the high score overall 9 to 11 year old and won the whole competition."

The moms looked mystified over Sophia being on top of the pyramid despite her not being there.

"This weekend, we'll be traveling to Greensboro, North Carolina to attend Dance Troupe." Abby announced as Kelly raised her hand.

"Question, since Brooke is not on tyhe pyramid, does this mean she'll be staying at home this weekend?" Kelly asked, noticing that Brooke wasn't on the pyramid.

"Brooke, what happened over the weekend?" Abby wondered.

"Friday, i was here and i went home. The next day, i went to a friend's house and on Sunday, i worked on a project all day, so i wasn't at rehearsal due to that." Brooke replied.

"You're 14 and you have been taking ballet class since you were 6 or 7."

"Abby, if Brooke's gonna do that, she spent the week learning the dance with the group. Why would she not go away with us and keep the dance?"