Chapter 12: Abby's Explanation and Telling the moms and girls

Alex went very quiet as he gave a blank stare at Abby as he tried to process the information. His dance teacher was actually his mother and that meant that his last name was actually Miller, also meaning that his name wasn't Alexander "Alex" Andrews, it was Alexander "Alex" Miller and that also means that Maryen is his grandmother. He couldn't even speak as the 10 year old felt the dam break as tears fell from his eyes like raindrops.

"Alex, i--"

Before Abby could finish, Alex then ran into the bathroom and closed it as Abby had a sad expression, she knew he was trying to process the secret she had told him.

In the bathroom, Alex fell to the ground next to the bathtub and sat on it with his face buried in his knees, crying his eyes out from hearing the revelation that his dance teacher was his real mother.

A knock was heard.

"Alex." Abby called, but Alex kept crying as the dance teacher opened the door. "Alex, we have to talk."

The 10 year old boy looked at his mother with tears all over his face. "You're my mom and all this time, i didn't know?"

"Alex..." Abby sighed, trying to explain. "When i found out i was pregnant with you, i felt like the stars had aligned for me and i was excited to be a mother, but at the same time, i thought that i would not be able to juggle dance studio life and motherhood, so my mother, who is your grandmother and i asked Kayla to care for you and so she did when you were born. It was hard for me to give you up, but it was for your well being. 2 years after your birth, Kayla brought you to my studio and for some reason, you and myself grew closer as you grew as i taught you how to dance and on that day when Kayla brought you to the studio, i could tell that there was something familiar and we had a connection that grew stronger and stronger, but i couldn't wrap my head around it and a few years ago, she gave me that photo and told me to give you the photo when the time was right and i kept it hidden until now."

"But the thing that bothers me is that why would you give me up? Was it something i did to you?" Alex asked through his sobbing.

"No, it was nothing you did as i truly never wanted to give you up, but i was worried over not being able to juggle life as a dance teacher and a mother, but i truly want to make amends for that." Abby offered as tears of her own started falling. "Even though i did that, i never stopped thinking about you and never stopped loving you and whenever Kayla wasn't there for you, i was there for you. But i understand if you don't want--"

"I know it was hard for you to do that, but could never ever hate you for giving me up at birth because you did it for my well being, I love you, mom." Alex told Abby, understanding that she was right and even though she gave him up at birth, she did it for his well being before he threw his arms around her and buried his face in her shoulder and started crying again as Abby started crying as well.

"I love you too, son..." Abby sobbed as she hugged her son and the two cried together, to them and when things calmed down, they headed to the living room and sat on the couch. "We have a lot of catching up to do as mother and son even though i've known you since giving birth to you even though i gave you up to Kayla."

"Yeah." Alex stated.

"Do you remember i told you i live on View Road?" Abby reminded.

"Yes."

"My bedroom is the Master Bedroom with a balcony and there's another bedroom with a balcony that you stayed in whenever you stayed the night with me, would you like to have that as your bedroom?"

"I sure would."

"Great to know and Kayla will bring your things to my house when we get back."

"Mom?" Alex said to Abby.