Chapter 4: A Chaotic Child Part 1

Tw! Cussing

(Branzy POV)

"What the heck are you guys doing?" Clown asks as he steps into the house. In his arms are three sleeping children. All of the kids, including me, freeze up when he asks that.

"Uh... we were... playing?" Spepticle says, as if needing to confirm it to himself.

"It's 4 in the morning!" Clown exclaims.

I pipe up, "But we were just about to find Spoke!"

"Can't you guys be like these three," He gestures to the kids in his arms. "and go to bed?"

"You can't make us!" We all shout in unison.

Clown mentally facepalms and just stares. "You all are toddlers, a fifth of my height, and cannot reach the pantry without help." He points out.

"Yeah, we can! We've done it before!" Shouts Ashswag while pointing to the pile of snacks.

Clown sets the sleeping trio in his arms onto the couch. Suddenly, he turns towards us and begins snatching us up. 

"EEEP!" Spepticle makes a small squeak of protest as Clown scoops him up. He then proceeds to grab the rest of us. One by one we get picked up, unable to escape his grip.

In the midst of the chaos, Ash admits, "I CONFESS, IF WE DIE TODAY, THEN DIE KNOWING THAT I WAS HELPING SPOKE HIDE!"

Clown walks all the way to his bedroom and kicks open the door. Then he drops us all on top of each other onto the bed. He flicks the light switch and turns back to us.

"Good night, you little shits." And with that, he slams the door shut and leaves us alone in the darkness.

"What a meanie!" I shout at the top of my lungs, hoping he can hear it.

Spepticle groans from underneath us. "G-guys... get off of me...!" His screams are muffled. We almost forgot that we were all dumped onto him. 

Quickly, we all scramble to remove ourselves from the bed. We're not even close to tired, another benefit of being a kid. 

"Guys, we should annoy Clown because he was being mean." I say, hoping for the others to agree.

Reddoons speaks up, "Oooh! OOOOH! I know! Let's jump on his bed a bunch!"

"Red, aren't you supposed to be the all serious responsible person? That suggestion sounds like something Spoke would say!" Ash exclaims. 

"Hey! Just because I'm a responsible person as an adult, that doesn't mean I'm a responsible child!" Red retorts. "Plus, it's a little tiring keeping your ass in check all day, 'Asswag'." 

Ashswag's face goes pure red with embarrassment. "Why you little-"

Red interrupts him. "We're the same height." 

"Guys?" Spepticle asks.

"Huh?" I say, curious. 

"...where is Spoke...?" He replies in a small voice.

We all stand still for a moment. Spepticle was right... WHERE IS SPOKE?!

(Spoke POV)

I listen as the footsteps of ClownPierce drift away. Poking my head out from the couch, I wonder where everyone went. 

"Hello...?" I whisper into the silence. 

A shuffling noise is the only response. I establish that it's coming from the couch in front of me. Something or someone is on the furniture. I silently crawl out from underneath and spot 3 sleeping figures.