Chapter three

The time has come, Walburga has been accepted to Hogwarts, school for Wizardry and Witchcraft. Her parents expected nothing else of course. Walburga had been showing signs of magic from a very early age.

''Stand straight, child,'' Her mother said, while pinning down the last bits of Walburga's hair. Walburga immediately straightened her back more. Her mother finished her hair and took a step back, observing her work, making sure she hadn't missed anything that might look sloppy.

''Okay. My work is done. Do you remember what your father and I told you?''

Walburga nodded. ''Of course, mother. I need to make sure I get sorted into Slytherin. If not, I will be the disgrace of the family.''

Mrs. Black nodded. ''What else?''

''I need to get high grades, behave and become the perfect vision of our family. I will not let you and father down, mother,'' Walburga answered. She looked very serious, more than she had done in years. She knew that her parents were very serious about this and wouldn't let it slip if she miss behaved.

''Very well,'' Miss. Black said, before leaving the room. Walburga was alone now. She was expected to be downstairs in ten minutes though.

-------

From now on a lot more will be from Walburga's point of view.

-------

Mother and I had just apparated. Even though we had been doing that for many years, I still needed to push away the nauseous feeling I got from it. I stood still for a second, breathing in some air to let the feeling fade away. 

Mother looked at me, rolling her eyes, ''No need to be so dramatic, Walburga. Go on, stop embarrassing us.'' I looked down and nodded. I knew that going against it and telling her I was nauseous was pointless. Mother and father expected me to be perfect. They couldn't have a child that still got sick from apparating after the age of six.

I straightened my back and forced myself to look proud. I am a Black after all and should wear the name with pride and confidence. Mother looked at me approvingly.

I looked at my father, who apparated just a second ago. I nodded at him as response to his. I turned back to my mother, hoping I could get a hug, like all the other kids. All she did was nod at me and tell me to get into the train.

I looked at my little brother, who is currently nine. I saw that he had tears in his eyes, but he tried to blink them away. I suddenly got this urge to hug him and before I knew it, I embraced my baby brother. It wasn't a long hug, as I knew that my parents would tell me to go on the train again. I let him go and smiled at him.

With a straight back and head held high, I walked into the train. I couldn't show people that I was nervous, not in front of my parents. I looked for an empty compartment, which didn't take long, since we had arrived early. My parents hated getting late and they had a lot of other appointments that day.

I sat down and looked out of the window, only to see that my parents and little brother had already gone away. Of course they had.

I let out a sigh and grabbed a book out of my bag. If I was going to wait two more hours before the train was going to leave, I would rather make the best out of it.

As I was reading, the door of my compartment opened. I looked up and saw a girl, with brown, long hair. ''Oh, sorry... are you sitting alone?''

I shrugged my shoulders, ''Yes I am.'' The girl stood there for a second. ''If you would like, I could keep you company? My friends are not attending this year, they have to wait another year,'' The girl said.

I thought about it for a moment. It was probably a good idea to make friends. I would have to become popular of course, that was expected of me as a Black. So I nodded, ''Sure, I am Walburga Black.'' The girl smiled at me, ''I'm Euphemia Braithewaite, it's nice to meet you.'' I smiled back at her, happy to have made a friend.