II. The Park Siblings

Earlier that day, at the same coordinates, just at a different ... Level? Height? Depth?

It was an ordinary morning at the kelp garden, just as calm as usual. All the locals are peacefully keeping up with their own daily chores-

Okay, maybe not all of them. Some are actually quite in a rush. Perhaps they just happen to woke up a few hours late? Or maybe some are struggling to catch their prey? Kind of like this certain mermaid here, who seems to be pretty upset.

Woosh Woosh Woosh

"Hyung, come back here!" Sound waves with such high frequencies, and large amplitudes flow through the water, dispersing into every inch of that garden for everyone to hear, except his actual target, a majestic, white tailed mermaid, with an almost same shade on his short hair.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm-" Choked up with fear and guilt, the poor little prey can only do nothing but swim away. He couldn't even look where he was heading into. Which explains why he is now on the ground, with his hand rubbing his forehead.

It took him a few seconds to process what happened. Finally coming back to reality, he looks up cautiously. "Mr. Choi! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to headbutt your buttocks like this, I promise it was an accident!" Like any nervous nudibranch would do, he just starts barfing out random nonsense without even filtering them.

"Sigh ... It's you again, Park Seonghwa." You can definitely determine from the tone that he is disappointed, but the expression on his face just says that this is not something new. In fact, this is just a daily occurrence for the locals here, especially Mr. Choi.

"Hehe, good morning? I guess?" Attempting to escape this awkward situation, Seonghwa choose to just greet him with his hands waving in an even more awkward way.

Still persistent with the unamused face, Mr. Choi facepalms for the hundred times this week. "How many more times are you gonna keep destroying my property?? Thank goodness you didn't ruin any of my plants this time, because-" Before he can complain any longer, a few sea urchins dashed behind him, ripping apart some kelp arts he's been working on. One last urchin, the biggest one yet, went straight to his shoulder.

"Mr. Choi! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your works like this, I promise it was an accident!" The younger sibling swims out from behind the rocks, approaching them with both hands covering his mouth, apologizing just as clumsily as his older brother did.

"Okay, I have had enough with you two!" Looking redder than a raging rows of ruffling red rhodophyta, Mr. Choi yelled at the Park siblings, pointing at them with full anger. "I'm telling your parents to sent you both to babysit the seahorses."

Hearing such heartless and devious threat coming towards them, they had no choice but to plead for forgiveness. "No wait, please don't! We're so sorry! I promise we won't do it again" The older cried.

"Yeah, we didn't have any bad intentions! We're still young, you know how kids can be, right? Please, forgive us!" The younger added.

"Fine ... But this is the last time I'm letting you go, okay?!" Letting out an insincere breath, he then continued "One more mess, and it's straight to the seagrass bed!" It wasn't a very loud statement, it was basically a whisper, but with a timbre dark enough to scare away any angel fish, and make all the baby blobfish cry.

The Park siblings nodded rapidly in harmony, unsure about how they feel, but at least the punishment has been lifted for now.

"Oh wait, let me help you with that." The younger one comes up to his injured shoulder. He pulls out the sea urchin in one go, making Mr. Choi cringe for a few seconds.

While still holding on to the injured shoulder, suddenly his eyes are glowing in green, matching the color of his scales on his tail. A bright light with the same tone shines beneath his palm for a moment, before everything goes back to normal. He lifts his hand, uncovering the healed up wound with a satisfied smile. "There you go!"

"Thanks. Now, if you excuse me, I have some projects to clean up." Mr. Choi just leaves like that, completely turning away from them, still annoyed.

Both of the siblings just shouted another sorry in unison, hoping it will make him at least feel a little bit brighter.

Realizing there's nothing left to do now, they decided to just head back home. Perhaps there is some chores they can help with, like cooking, cleaning, or anything, really. As long as they don't have to work together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honestly, any of this wouldn't have happened if you didn't chase me like crazy" Seonghwa started.

"Me?? Hold on, you were the one who cheated on literally any kinds of game we played! How is that fair???" His younger brother fought back.

"It's not my fault you're just too dumb to understand the rules, Wonbin" Okay, it's getting annoying now. He knows very well who's the smart one here.

"Oh sure, and maybe if you weren't such a coward, you'd face all the consequences of your own stupid actions" Wonbin shouts out before pushing his brother's back playfully, they're both ready to get into another fight now.

Seonghwa lifts his hands, his eyes glowing white, a little tornado of foam approaches his palm. It ruffles for a while, and forms into a squid. With an evil plan in mind, he aims it at his younger brother, and squirt!

"Hey! See, you're doing it again! Stop using your powers for stupid things like this!" Thankfully, Wonbin avoid it just in time, otherwise he'd end up looking like Mr. Choi last week.

"Sounds like someone is just jealous of me" The older sibling teases him again.

The younger was about to get even, but then they saw a huge group of mermaids, rushing into the same direction, stealing their attention with all the murmuring. So they decided to follow them to whoever knows where.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Yes, I wrote them as brothers 😔💔

They have the same surname, and kinda look like each other, so I thought why not🧍

Also, the white and green tails were inspired by the white snake legend 🤍💚

Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, and thanks for voting! 😞😞