IX. Star

Seonghwa eventually got a goodnight sleep, a real good one, that is. Even when he is fully awake now, preparing his stuff to go see his little human, he can't seem to stop replaying scenes from last night's dream. Oh, he just cannot wait any longer to go to the island, brave himself to show up in front of his little human, and make his dream come true.

Swimming his way to the main entrance, he meets his younger brother. Now, normally they would make weird faces to tease each other every time they meet randomly like this, but this time Wonbin seems a bit blue, instead of his usual vibrant green.

"Are ... You okay?" The older hesitates as he tries to find out what is the reason behind his brother's dropped down head, slouched shoulder, and quiet behavior.

"Hyung, I think we should stay inside for the day." Wonbin answered. "It's been quite a while since the last time we played together." Continuing his words, he pitifully tries to drag the other's arm, pulling him inside the house.

Noticing his brother's abnormally unusual etiquette, Seonghwa tilts his head. With crossed eyebrows he scans the other from head to fin, wondering what he is trying to do.

BOOM

Not even finished with one mystery yet, the white mermaid moves his focus on to another one. This time, it's a blaring explosion, followed by a beaming golden colored light, blinding him from the same direction where the sound came from.

Realizing that it's definitely all too late, the younger gives up on maintaining the mystery's continuance. "It's about ... Your human."

As if his keys all clicked on collectively, Seonghwa dropped every property that he was grabbing, and races to the the source of the explosion, whilst repeatedly praying that this isn't what he think he is. He doesn't even care about anything anymore, because for now, this problem has become his number one, and only priority. He doesn't even notice that his brother is also following him from behind, trying to catch up with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the final destination, the imperial palace, the Park siblings was met by Wooyoung who is currently on the seafloor, struggling to keep himself up. Not far from him, there's the emperor holding some sort of bead on his hand, with a stern, demented look on his face, kind of like the one Seonghwa has right now.

"What did you fucking do to him?!" Defiance flooded his tone, Seonghwa shouted a single question to the emperor, knowing very well he is not to mess with him.

"You lowlife dare to stand against me? With such demeaning words!?" The emperor was so taken aback, he almost performed the same punishment he did to Wooyoung earlier if it weren't for Wonbin who quickly apologized.

Speaking of Wooyoung, the poor purple mermaid had to receive series of punishment, from last night to the moment the Park siblings came barging in. And it's all because the emperor was spying on his every movement, including the one where he dumped out the fake dummy human. Taken over by anger, the emperor felt betrayed and forced the truth out of Wooyoung, leading to this mayhem they have right now.

"Well, I don't quite expect anything much from your kind anyway." The emperor chuckles, mocking the Park siblings. "But if it is explanation that you crave for, then explanation you shall receive." He continues, flicking the little bead on his hand, making it jump to Seonghwa open palms.

It's a pinky finger sized glads bead, with a star shaped pearl embedded on the inside, identical to the one he gave his little human the other day. Observing it a few more times, the white mermaid realized what grotesquely vicious execution the emperor had just committed.