Daffodil

Symbolizes: Rebirth, new beginnings, hope, joy, and good luck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, you wake up to the sound of an alarm clock blasting in your ears. You reach your hand out towards your nightstand, curl your fingers up into your palm, and slam your fist on the alarm clock, silencing the repetitive, bothersome noise it makes. Half-asleep, you stood up from the bed, barely making any effort to push the blanket covers off your body, and wobbled over to where the bathroom was. That is until you saw some clothes piled up and folded neatly on the dresser in front of your bed with a note attached to the fabric.

You gently pull the sticky note off and read its contents carefully. The sticky note read: "Here's a uniform that you can use for your gardening work. I hope it's comfortable enough to wear! Feel free to let me know if there's any adjustments that need to be made. I'm happy that you'll be working with us, (Name)! Let's do our best, okay? -Charlie" with a little smiley face drawn next to her signature.

"That's nice of her," you mumbled softly while scooping up the clothes into your hands, and examining the fabric. Charlie had given you a red button-up shirt, some leggings, and a black gardening apron. "Hm. Not bad." You whistled in satisfaction, pleased with the appearance of your uniform attire.

...

You quickly got ready for the day, brushing your hair and teeth, washing and cleansing your face with the necessary skincare products; maybe applying a bit of makeup such as foundation, concealer, mascara, and some lip stain, but not too much though. After all, you will be working outside all day.

Afterward, you removed your sleepwear, tossed your night garments onto your bed, and then slipped on your gardening uniform. Once you were finished with your morning daily routine, you walked towards the mirror and stared at your reflection within it, scrutinizing every minor detail to be sure that everything was in order. Since you found nothing wrong with your outfit, you were ready to conquer the day.

As you stepped out of your hotel room, you shoved your hands into your pockets before making your way down the stairs. While your hands were buried inside your pockets, you felt a rubber-like texture make contact with your skin. You immediately froze like a statue, looking down at your pockets with a startled look in your eyes.

"What the fuck was that?" You pondered out loud as you began to pull out whatever was in your pocket.

When you held out the mysterious object in front of your face, you were relieved to see that it was just a pair of rubber gloves.

"Thank goodness..." You breathed out, exhaling a sigh of relief.

"Hello there, my dear!" A loud, boisterous voice abruptly spoke from behind, causing you to jump up in surprise.