I Could Go For Some Curry

Walking down the long port mafia corridors, Dazai placed his hands inside of his pockets before tuning out the world around him in order to fully envelop himself in his own dark thoughts.

Last night's events appeared a moment later, causing the boy's eyes to narrow with distasteful memory. He didn't mean to agree to Odasaku's sister's foolish request for him to be her boyfriend, it just sort of happened in the moment.

And the longer he got from that moment, the more Dazai Osamu regretted it.

Now don't be mistaken, it wasn't like he actually cared about the girl. The mafioso knew he was incapable of such a thing. Sure, he was enticed but it was surface level at best. The truth was, if she was anyone else Dazai would've already broken her for fun.

But it was the fact that she was Odasaku's sister that made him hold back from such a desire. He knew deep down that his old friend wouldn't have wanted her to be destroyed, especially by his fingers. Hell, the boy knew he wouldn't have wanted Dazai anywhere near her.

That's what Ango said, why Oda had kept her a secret, why he kept her out of Yokohama and by giving into her request he knew he was already dishonoring his memory in the worst possible way.

But try as he may, Dazai just couldn't walk away, knowing that a piece of his precious found family was still here in this world. He had wished for it, craved it with his entire soul as he grieved his death.

And like a miracle, Asagao had appeared to answer his prayer.

That's why he agreed, it wasn't because of her, it wasn't because he had grown a heart suddenly, it was to use her. It was to keep Odasaku in his life no matter how small.

He was selfish, so unbelievably selfish, wanting more than he deserved.

But even the brutal port mafia executive knew that his reasonings were fucked up. He knew that he shouldn't be manipulating such a pure soul into his own whims. But how else was he supposed to do it? Dazai only knew how to exploit and control.

Pushing his fingers to his chin in silent thought, Dazai paused his steps. He supposed he could play the part of a devolved lover while using her. That's what she wanted anyways, right? She did ask him to be her boyfriend. But how could he do that without being manipulative and underhanded in order to not shame Odasaku?

He then thought back to his past "relationships" before frowning to himself. Now that he mentioned it, the boy never did anything besides that. He always just used women when he saw fit and left them crying once he was finished with his physical needs.

Well that wasn't gonna work.

Damn it, being a good person was harder than he thought.

Although that's when a familiar voice broke through his personal bubble as a flash of annoying orange crossed his vision. "Hey, shitty Dazai. What are you doing standing in the damn way like that? You finally figure out how insufferable you are?"

Already feeling a sense of dread in his throat, Dazai then looked up from his solitude in order to focus on his idiot partner in front of him. And just like that, any deep thought flew from his mind in order to participate in his favorite activity.

Pissing the kid off. "Wooow, that's a big word for you Chuuya, I didn't know you had it in you, considering you're so small.."

Already seeing his eyes twitch in response, Chuuya's face filled with anger in order to reach forward and grab onto Dazai's jacket with a rough shout. "Ha?! I dare you, say that to me again jackass and see what happens!!"

The boy only smirked though, enjoying the pure reaction he got. Chuuya never failed to bring him entertainment. He was the best toy around. Every word that got under his skin was like music to the demon's ears.