Ding Dong the Witch is dead

*tw talk of death*

Present Time -

Y/n pov -

Beep, beep, beep.

I wake up to the sound of my annoying alarm. Great another day of school. It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm not in the mood to get ready right now but I don't have a choice. I get out of bed and walk down to the kitchen to make breakfast. I make myself cereal as well as some for my mom's new boyfriend's 2 kids. I walk over to the living room to grab my school bag to take it to my room. And low and behold I see my mom and her boyfriend passed out on the couch. Great just great there are beer bottles scattered across the table as well as a bottle of vodka in my mom's hand. White powder on the table as well as a bong. I'm not even gonna try and guess what else they were doing. It disgusts me I don't know how they can even do anything like that. I'm not gonna bother to try and clean any of it because I'll be late for school so I guess I'll have to deal with all that later. I just take my bag and my cereal and go back to my room. I get ready and do my hair, and makeup, get changed and go to the bathroom things like that. I still have time left so I decided to take a pic of my outfit and send it to a couple of my friends.

The outfit -

(ps. All creds for this photo go to Emma on TikTok <3)

A couple of minutes go by until I hear a knock at my door. 'Come in' I say. Oh, it's Jack's daughter (Jack is the mom's boyfriend). 'Hey Julie what's up' I say to her. I don't like Jack at all but I don't mind his kids. They're nowhere near being classed as my siblings but there ok I guess, I'm not gonna be rude to them just because their dad is a jackass'. 'Could you do my hair, please Y/n' she says to me, I mean I don't blame her for coming to me because theirs no other girl in the house other than my mom but you couldn't catch her bothering with any of us but it's still kind of annoying I mean I'm a kid too. 'Yeah come sit at my desk' She sits on the chair and I start doing her hair I didn't have much time so I just did a simple braid I mean she's only 7 so she doesn't need anything fancy anyway. We both then go downstairs since the school buses arrive at the same time. I see Jayden coming down just after us. ( he's Jack's oldest child) He's the same age as me but he's a bit of a weirdo the 2nd week he started living with us we had to share a room since everything was getting prepared in his room. And he kept making weird comments about me saying I'm cute and other stuff. He told me he had a crush on me and that we would be a cute couple but I told him I didn't see him like that. I try to avoid him as much as possible now mainly because he's a bit creepy. I fill my water bottle up and put it in my bag, grab my grey jacket and put my bag on. Like it was just on cue I heard the horn from the school bus. I take my key and all 3 of us go out of the house. Julie goes to her bus and me and Jayden go to ours. I sit on an empty seat where no one is sitting as no one I know gets the bus. We arrive at school and everything goes normally till I get pulled out of 4th period just before lunch. I get taken to the principal's office and see Jayden sitting there. I sat down on the chair next to him and the principal started talking. 'I got a call from the police regarding y/n your mom and Jayden your dad' me and Jayden turn to each other knowing nothing to do with our parents and the police couldn't mean anything good. 'There is no easy way to say this but your parents have been in a fatal car crash' The principal says these words in a caring sort of way which is crazy because he doesn't like either of us. '2 police officers are waiting for you outside of the office now they will escort you to your classes to get your bonding and then you will be taken in the police car to the station where you will be told more oh and Jayden your sister is already at the station waiting for you guys'. The principal gives us no time to ask questions as he ushers us out of the room and towards the police officers they then do exactly what the principal said they would. We went to our classes to get our things and it was the most embarrassing thing ever. The whole class looked at us like we had committed a crime. Which wouldn't be a shock if it were true to be fair. We then get taken to the station and now all 3 of us are in a room with the police officers who escorted us here. 'So you guys are all probably very confused as to whether your parents are ok and we hate to inform you but they have sadly passed away due to the car accident'. All 3 of us sat there shocked but not sad our parents weren't good people not to us and not to anyone. 'What was the cause of the accident' I ask the officers. 'Well, both Jack and Nahishà were on illegal substances as well as being over the legal drinking limit'. I feel like somehow we all knew something like this was gonna happen I mean it's not like our parents tried to hide their addiction to drugs and alcohol. 'What's gonna happen to us now they're dead?'. I know for a fact I'm going to get put into the system again.
'Well, Jayden and Julie have an aunt who's willing to be their guardian' the male officer says. 'And what about me' I ask already knowing the answer. 'Well Y/n I'm so sorry but we are going to have to put you into the system again you'll be staying in a group care home this time though' the female officer replies answering my question, I like her she deals with most of the stuff to do with me so I know I can trust her. I don't bother saying anything else knowing there's no use i mean I have no family they're all dead so theirs no point in having any hope, and no people adopting want a teenager. 'Oh but Y/n me and Officer Dale will be visiting you after your first 3 days settling in and we will be keeping you updated if anyone wants to adopt you or even foster'. I just nod not being bothered to waste my words on this topic. One positive about all this is that because my Mum and Jake were such vulnerable and high-risk cases the police always kept an eye on us. And instead of just having a social worker we also have our assigned police officers ours being Officer Dale and Officer Lopez. This also means that they do a full background check on anyone who wants to adopt or foster us, so at least I know I won't get treated like crap if I do get placed somewhere. Still, the care homes are rough and the police can't do anything about that. Oh well, it's nothing I can't handle...

Authors note - Guys, I'm so sorry this was such a long ass chapter but yeah i needed all of it to make sense for you guys. Also, I want you guys to pick who the love interest should be for this story. Xoxo

Word count - 1367