SCULPTURE WITHOUT SIGHT

Mrs. Shaneya Go, the CEO of Go Corporation, invited me to a unique art experience called Sculpture without Sight. I, myself, became interested when I heard that this kind of clay handling exist. It's a sensory and therapeutic sculpting experience wherein you are sculpting with your hand while you are blindfolded.

It was Saturday and I was supposed to be with my secretary but he fell ill the night before our schedule that's why he sent Seungcheol to accompany me

It was Saturday and I was supposed to be with my secretary but he fell ill the night before our schedule that's why he sent Seungcheol to accompany me. He was wearing a tight black long sleeve, black pants with black boots. All black. Are we going to a funeral?

 Are we going to a funeral?

"Hello Mr. Yoon. Thank you for accepting my invitation." Mrs. Shaneya is sixty-four-year-old woman. She was one of the few powerful people that I know who's very down to earth and sweet to everyone. That's why declining her offer is not my option. Kailangan ko ng mga ganitong tao dahil pakiramdam ko nagiging demonyo na ako sa dami ng taong sumusubok sakin araw -araw.

Dim light lang ang gamit sa loob ng hall. Two lighted candles were placed on the center part of the table for each participant. There were wet face molds, another molding clay on the side, mask, brochure of the event, glass of water and I can also smell a very aromatic incense that makes us relaxed.

"We are doing clay placements and that what it sounds like. Placement of clay. We're gonna be putting exactly the features like giant nose, giant eyebrows......"

The facilitator explains us first how will be the process of sculpting. From touching your face for 45 seconds until finishing our piece.

"Any question on that before we start?"

"Instead of our face, can we sculp our partners face?" Mrs. Shaneya asked the structure.

"We'll that would be harder. But as what I told you, the end result wasn't important so yes Madam you can do that."

"Thank you. You're such a sweet lad. " Mrs. Shaneya smiled to the facilitator then looked at his husband lovingly.

"I think you should also sculp the face of your lover." She suggested.

Napakamot ako sa ulo dahil hindi ko alam kung pano ko gagawin ang mukha ni Hyungwon. Mukha ko nga di ko alam kung paano gawin eh. At minsan ko lang nahawakan ang buong mukha niya ng detalyado. That was a year ago.

"You should touch each other's face."

I was puzzled when she looked at me and Seungcheol.

"I'm sorry but we're not lovers ma'am Go. He's my boss." Seungcheol answered politely when he noticed that I wasn't responding.

"Really? But you two look good together."

"He has fiancée." It was still Seungcheol

"Really! Congratulations Mr. Yoon! That's a great news! Why haven't you mentioned it to me?!"

"It's because I just got engaged recently. I'm still trying to process it but ofc you will be invited in our weddi---" I got interrupted when Seungcheol spilled the glass.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Are you okay?" Mr. Go asked Seungcheol

"Yes sir. I apologize."

"No. It's okay darling." Mrs. Go said.

"Everybody relaxed on your seats. Inhale. Exhale." The facilitator instructed us. "Now, everybody close your eyes. Touch your face or your lover's face."

I recalled that time when I asked Hyungwon if I can touch his face because I missed him so much. He came back from New York after weeks of staying there. Not seeing him is basically one of the hardest things. Additional to that, we had a big fight before he left.

"Okay. Go ahead. Touch my handsome face." laughing while he said those words

I remembered starting from the shape of his face. Which confused me that time because it wasn't how I imagine it. I thought it would be fluffier but to my surprise he has a thin face. His brows were also thick and his eyelashes were very long. He also has a sharp jaw which I failed to notice before. He also has a high bridged pointed nose and that left me puzzled because as far as I remember he has a big nose. I also remembered his plump lips which I kissed several times that day.

I tried to put all the things I remembered into the molding clay

I tried to put all the things I remembered into the molding clay. Hoping that I'll be able to give justice to my fiancé 's handsome face.

"Okay. Time is up everyone! Congratulations! You can check the face on your molding clay."

Ipinunas ko muna ang kamay ko sa apron para mabawasan ang clay neto before removing my blindfold. I sighed dahil hindi ko talaga nakuha ang mukha ni Hyungwon. Sobrang layo.

That's why I didn't expect the compliment I got from our facilitator.

"You really did well! You have talent in sculpting sir. I think you should consider making it as your hobby. "

I was never a good student in Arts. I can't even draw a pig so it was uplifting to hear those words. Kahit na malayo ang result ng mukha sa molding clay sa totoong mukha ni Hyungwon.

"Thank you."

He smiled at me then pat Seungcheol's shoulder

" He sculpted your face really well."

Nagtaka naman ako sa sinabi niya kaya napatitig ako sa gawa ko. Bakit kamukha nga ni Seungcheol ang nagawa ko?