sungho - rooftop

1283 words

-

"gosh, i wanna quit my job."

you let out a deep sigh and walked out from your bathroom after taking a shower.

you had no idea why everything was against you, your boss scolded you in front of your team, your coffee spilled over your file, you forgot to bring your lunchbox.

argh, i hate my life

you looked over the time, it was past seven, you were starving but you had no energy to eat. taking out a can of beer, you took a thin blanket and walked out from your place.

walking your way, you found yourself standing at the entrance of your apartment's rooftop. the rooftop somehow became your healing space, the night view and the cool breeze just healed you.

you took a seat at your regular place, you smiled at the view. draping the blanket over your body, you took a sip of the cold beer.

you smiled in satisfaction because of the cold sensation that was going down your throat.

as you were enjoying the view in front of you, you turned your head to the entrance when you heard the door got opened.

you looked at the man who was looking around the rooftop, he seemed like he hadn't noticed you yet.

you were hesitating if you should greet him first or wait for him to notice you.

"oh."

the man froze when he finally noticed you. you got up from your seat and bowed while mumbling a small "hello" to him.

he bowed back to you as you sat back down to your seat. he looked around and asked, "are you here alone?"

nodding at him and you answered, "just need some fresh air," before letting out a sigh.

he nodded at your answer. although he didn't want to overthink much but your sappy tone caught his attention.

"are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone. "not really, had a hard day today," you answered, taking a sip of your beer.

"mind if i join you?" he asked. you looked at him and smiled, "sure."

you patted the empty space next to you, he walked closer and sat next to you. you draped the blanket over his lap which he mumbled a "thanks" to you.

"so, what happened today that made you feel like this?"

you sighed and told him the unfortunate event that happened to you today. he nodded along your words and comforted you, trying to make you feel better.

you indeed felt better after listening to his words, it's been awhile since you had someone be there for you and comforted you.

"thanks a lot, i feel a lot better now," you thanked, looking down at the can of beer that you were holding on. "that's good to hear, you looked like you needed those words," he said.

you looked at him, "what's your name?" you asked after realising you hadn't asked him for his name. he looked back at you and smiled, "park sungho, what about you?"

"lee y/n, nice meeting you," you answered.

silence took over the two of you, you and sungho were looking at the night view in front of you.

you shivered a little when the you felt the cool breeze blew over. he turned to look at you, taking the blanket that was on his lap and draped it over you.

"seems like you need this more," he chuckled. you took the blanket and draped it over your shoulder, "didn't expect to be this chilly," you chuckled.

"by the way, which floor do you live on?" you asked. "i live on the eighth floor, i actually moved here a few days ago," he answered.