𖦹 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ- 02 𖦹

Playlist: https://spotify

Playlist: https://spotify.link/yXWMeIY5KIb

My hands moved mechanically as it swung across her face

My hands moved mechanically as it swung across her face. She didn't resist. Instead, my head jerked to my right. Before I could process anything, my cheek left a burning sensation.

For someone who hadn't been slapped all her life, I was too shocked and Rachel was too calm. I saw my father fuming in anger inches away from me. Rick didn't say anything rather, he pulled Rachel towards him. Out of my reach.

I looked at my mother. She was not crying anymore. She was more wary of what dad would do. She knew she couldn't change his decision nor could she deny Rachel. Better offend one than three family members. Of course, I had to count in the officially accepted son in law who was engaged to one and would be married to another. Bastard.

And this wasn't the first time, as Rachel had mentioned. This must have happened all the time. And now that she got pregnant, it was revealed to me. That explained all things. Why my dear sister always came with him to pick me, why she would always pick him for shopping when I wasn't available...

I laughed hysterically. I had been the only idiot, the only moron. Of course, I knew there was something wrong with all this. But I chose to ignore it all the time.

I just had never expected my sister to be a slut. To my fiance to cheat on my sister. For my dad to know all this. And still pretend like all that had changed was my groom and nothing much.

Rachel now was glaring at me, like I had gone crazy. Of course, I had been crazy. Now that I had laughed enough at my life, I had to laugh at the joke. The joke they all had made out of my life.

Even the man who was so indifferent was looking at me with one eyebrow raised. Fine. Fine!

I just had to marry quietly and pretend that all of that never happened, right? Alright.

"Three conditions." I chuckled. "Only under three conditions will I marry this man." I said, laughing softly. My swollen cheek protested.

They all looked at each other confused. They couldn't believe all I did was slap her and ask for conditions. I would have normally burnt the whole house to ground. That explained why there were so many guards today in the living room. So funny. So hilarious. That they would all think I was being crazy. My mind had never been clearer.