The Mistake.

Chapter 1:

Xaviera's POV: (pronounced zay-vee-air-ah.)

I rub my sleepy eyes and yawn. My head spins and I feel a piercing pain go through it. Stupid hangovers, I didn't even want to drink last night, let alone get drunk. I don't know what overcame me to drink, I can't remember anything. A groan escapes my lips and I move to get up. I stop suddenly and immediately when I feel something brush off my foot. What the fuck is that beside me...? I ever so slowly turn around to face whatever is there and when I see him, I almost scream with shock. The whole of last night's events come back to me. You fucking idiot, Xaviera, why did you do that?!

*Flashback To The Previous Day.*

"Hey, guys," I greet, giving my friends a smile. Ofelia, my twin sister, sits on my right, my friend Calla sits on the left of me and my other friends Heather, Winter sit opposite me.

"Hey, Zavy," they reply with smiles. Zavy is my nickname my friends call me and it's pronounced zay-vee. I continue to read my book, like I did every lunch, I'm a really big bookworm. The others get out their lunch and start eating it. Ofelia gets a text and starts texting back straight away. My sister is very girly, I'm girly too but she's definitely more. Ofelia startles us by squealing with excitement and turns to face us.

"I totally forgot about the party tomorrow!" Ofelia says excitedly.

"How could you forget?" Calla asks, Ofelia never forgets when a popular party was on. One of the total players on the football team is having a big party for my swimming team winning The Senior Championships. I'm the school's best swimmer and the captain of the swimming team and Lane, who's in my year, is the second best swimmer and co-captain.

Lane is one of the hottest guys in school and I get to see him two days after school, sometimes three or four. I'm so lucky! I don't know him that much, we chat a bit and hug after winning competitions but from the amount I've talked to him, I've learned he's really sweet and kind. He has light brown hair with shaggy bangs and these light green eyes that make him to die for. His body is so fit, he has a six pack, huge biceps and he's quite tall. Luckily, I get to see that chest every Monday and Thursday!

We've never been to a party before but my sister and friends have been to lots. They've invited me to come all of the times but I didn't want to because I'm not the party person, I'm a loner. I don't get why parties are so important anyway, all people do is get drunk, dance, make out or worse and then have a massive hangover the next day.

I'm 17 and still haven't been to a party yet. I feel so lame, especially since I'm still a virgin. Even people two years younger than me have fucked at least once but me, nope. I've had boyfriends before, just never a serious relationship. I only want to have sex with someone I really love and care about, not just a one night stand with a person at a party, like most people do. I'm also scared to go to a party because I might get pissed out of my brains and some player will take advantage of me and then I'll regret it the next day. I've had alcohol before; I'm not that lame that I've never had a drink.

You see, I'm very shy and I'm not that outgoing. Hence why I've never been to a party too. I like reading and swimming, they're really my only hobbies so I'm mostly indoors. I concentrate on my studies because I really want to succeed in life and get the college I want to get the degree I need for my perfect job. I get good grades and I never get in trouble. I really can't wait to finish school, this is my last year and then I can go to college! Not many people look forward to college but I do!

"I don't know how I forgot! I never forget big parties!" Ofelia exclaims.

"You've never forgotten any party, Lia!" Heather chuckles, using Ofelia's nickname which is Lia.