The Party.

Chapter 15:

*The Next Day*

Xaviera's POV:

The next day after my massive fight with Hayden, I go downstairs for my breakfast. My family smile at me sympathetically.

"How are you feeling today?" Andrew asks, looking at me with concern.

"I feel like I could sleep for a whole day, I feel so drained but a bit better than yesterday at least. That could easily change though when I see Hayden," I answer nervously.

"Do you want to take the day off?" my mother suggests.

"No, thanks, I've missed enough as it is. School will be a good distraction for me hopefully," I reply, giving them all a big smile. After my breakfast, I give my parents and Seth a big hug goodbye.

"Let me know if you want me to pick you up later, you don't have to stay if you don't want to," my dad reminds.

"Thanks, guys. I love you both," I say, heading out the door with my siblings.

"Love you too! Have a good day, kids," my mum wishes. As soon as I leave the house, I notice Hayden outside his car, dangling his keys waiting for us. I assumed that I'd be driving myself and my siblings to school, not him since he didn't respond to any of my texts or calls after our fight. This is going to be awkward.

Ofelia notices this and points out, "You don't have to drop us in, Xaviera won't mind driving."

"I don't mind, we're going the same way anyway so you guys may as well. I don't mind if you don't," Hayden responds, not making eye contact with me at all. Andrew and Ofelia look to me and I nod my head. We pile into his car and he drives us to school. For the first time, I don't sit in the front, instead Andrew does. No one says one word during the journey which made the tension even worse. As soon as he parks, Andrew and Ofelia thank him quickly and we walk in the opposite direction he's going.

"I don't think I've seen a more awkward encounter. At least he isn't so pissed at you that he won't drive you to school anymore. I'm sure he'll get over it soon," Ofelia assures me.

"I doubt it; he didn't even look at me once. I'm just not going to think about it. I need to give him space until he comes to me and accepts my apology. Then we can fix our friendship," I explain.

"Are you sure it's only a friendship you want?" Andrew inquires.

"When I can trust him, I would love more but until then, just friendship," I respond with confidence.

"If that's what you want, then we're happy for you," Andrew comforts, rubbing my shoulder. "Right, I love you. Let me know if you need me."

"I will. Thanks, Andrew," I say, giving him a hug before he walks off to class. "Thank you also, Ofelia, I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm sorry that you have to listen to me venting all the time, I'm here to listen from now on. How's things been going with you?"

"Zavy, I'm your sister and best friend, I'm here so you can vent so don't apologise. You can always vent to me whenever you want, I just want to make you feel better. And things are going good for me, thanks. There's a few parties coming up so hopefully I can find someone I like, there's one on tonight," she confides excitedly.

"I know but I just want you to know that I wish I didn't have to put you through it, I'm here if you ever need to vent also. And parties? I wish I could go, they'd be so fun. We should go shopping to get you some outfits for them! You know if you really want a boyfriend, I can find someone for you!"

"You can go if you want! No one will care that you're pregnant, it's not like you'll be drinking! And if they do say anything, I will definitely shut them up. Please come with me to the one tonight, we can go shopping together and get something!" she begs, jumping up and down from excitement.