Chapter 18: Dinner with the Dimitrescu Part 2

Miranda's POV

"Can I torture her in the basement?"

You looked at Cassandra in surprise by her question, but then again, she'd always been the more...violent one.

"Absolutely not!"

Alcina scoffs, glaring at her daughter, yet to everyone's surprise, Misty just shrugs it off!

"She can try."

"Say no more."

Cassandra quickly jumped in as soon as those words left Misty's lips. Cassandra turns into her fly swarm and drags Misty away before you can do or say anything. When she comes back with a smirk on her face, you feel an unreasonable amount of anger and fury boil in you. You shoot a menacing glare at Cassandra, which causes her to freeze instantly.

"Bring. Her. Back."

You muttered, your tone surprisingly low and quite threatening. Cassandra's face goes paler than normal and she stammers a 'Yes ma'am' and gulps. Just then in a swirl of purple mist, Misty teleports back unscathed, holding a chain in her hands.

"You forgot this."

She says casually and hands the chain right back to Cassandra. With a confused look on her face, Cassandra is dumbfounded for a moment.

"What? H-How did you...HUH?!"

She stammers, unable to form a proper sentence. Your own menacing look fades and gets replaced with a neutral look just in time when Misty skips over to you.

"Missed me?"

She asked in a teasing manner and a sly smile. You rolled your eyes and scoffed, refusing to acknowledge the fact that you wanted her back.

"In your dreams."

You muttered only for Misty to smirk and skip back over to the four women. She reintroduces herself as they do the same and you can't help but admire how...bubbly she is. She's just so happy and nonchalant, like she has no cares in the world. Like she wasn't a demon summoning witch who had visions and drew disturbing drawings.

Dinner Time

The dining room was silent as everyone sat and ate their food. It was a bit awkward and you couldn't help but think of all the silent dinners you'd have with your family. You, Alcina, Donna, Karl, and Salvador all at one table, eating in uncomfortable silence...is this why they say they're busy when I want a family dinner with them?

"Are you really a witch?"

Daniela suddenly asked, breaking the silence with her child-like demeanor.

"Daniela Dimitrescu!"

Alcina scolded and shot a look at her youngest daughter.

"Yes."

Misty simply answers and you're slightly taken aback by how calm and open she is about it. If it was you, you'd definitely hide it...but then again...you're not a normal person either.

"Wait wha-?"

Alcina said and turned to Misty sharply, only to get cut off by Cassandra's enthusiastic voice.

"Do it!"

"Don't"

You jump in quickly and glare at the witch who gives you a subtle smirk. Damn this woman.

"Why?"

"Just...don't"

"Back up, you're a witch?"

Alcina butt in again, trying to keep up with everything.