Chapter 10 - Origin of blind obedience

"I need to know. It's been too long, you've been hiding secrets all along. Tell me now, the dungeon, the weapons, the zombies in the dungeon, your disappearance. What is going on?", Ishank says enraged as he stepped out of the SUV after reaching the hostel.

Dauji met Ishank's gaze with a calm resolve, his eyes reflecting a depth of knowledge and experience. "If what I assume is true, we're not safe here, Ishank. We need to find a way to leave the campus. Nowhere within these fences is safe anymore."

"Enough with the mysteries. Besides, we're safe now, we're back at the hostel", Ishank replies aggressively while walking up to Dauji

Dauji looks Ishank in the eyes and calmly says, "I believe we need to find a way to leave the campus. Nowhere within the campus is safe anymore" 

The boys are flabbergasted by this fact. Ishank steps back and looks around him.

Anirudh while looking over the fence says, "What is the danger surrounding us? What do you mean?"

"I'll tell the five of you together, let's head inside"

"No one came out to confirm if the fences are disabled or not? What are Pratyush and Ishan doing?", Ishank says to Anirudh

The injury on Akash's leg had worsened and he took it's toll. He had been given some painkillers and disinfectants by Dauji who took him out of the car and held him in his arms.

The demonic night had fallen off and a bright gloom of hope casted over the horizon. The pleasant light from the sun and the wind made a beautiful weather in the morning. Anirudh threw a rock all the way across the hostel fence and garden aimed at the door to catch the attention of the two inside.

"Oh, I cannot wait all day", Anirudh takes a run and lunges over the fence.

"What? This could have gone sideways", Ishank said

"Nothing will go wrong, come on and jump over"

Ishank follows Anirudh and Akash is also handed over from Dauji to Anirudh over the fence.

"It's not my age to do these kind of stunts. Although, have I told you the story of me and the valleys in my 20s", Dauji says while dusting his clothes.

"Unaware of this one but I think it can wait. Come on, jump across", Anirudh says

"I cannot park the car here and it is too precious to lose. I'll park it across the hostel, beside the wall where it cannot be seen. You guys head inside.", Dauji explains

A mean smirk glazes over Anirudh's face and he turns around to head inside.

Anirudh pushes open the door, "Why is this not locked?"

"Ishank, come on! We need to check on them," Anirudh urged, his agility a stark contrast to the heaviness in Ishank's steps.

The door opened to the vast main hall of the dorm. The vast and modern paintings, dining table, couches and plants lashed out of the beautiful entrance. But, something wavered the boys' heads. Gloomy shadows larked over the corners. The contrast between the inviting decor and the lurking shadows unsettled them.

"Pratyush! Ishan!" Ishank's voice echoed through the hall, but there was no response.

Anirudh's instincts kicked in, "Something's off. We need to be cautious."