Chapter 19: The Old Man

Third person POV ~

"Sasuke, i'm at point B."

"Sakura and Ruby, we're here at point C."

...
...
...

"Naruto, I'm at point A."

"Your slow Naruto. Now team-!? The target has moved! Follow it!" As Kakashi finished saying the words they all get closer to the target.

"Now what's the distance from the target?"

"About 5 meters give or take. I'm ready so signal at any moment." Naruto says as he perks behind the tree.

"I'm also ready./so am I." Sasuke and Sakura say at the same time. Kakashi jumps to a nearby tree. "Okay....NOW!"

They all (Naruto, Sasuke, Ruby, and Sakura) jump out and reach for the target. Naruto tackles the target, which is a cat with a ribbon on its ear.

"I got 'em! I got 'em!" Naruto yells as he grabs the cat, but the cat tries to claw out of his hold.

"Can you verify a ribbon on right ear?" Kakashi says as he sweatdrops as he sees Naruto get clawed out by the target.

"Affirmative, we have a positive ID," Sasuke says as he as well sweatdrops at the scene. Kakashi jumps to the ground.

"Right, lost pet Torah found. Mission accomplished. Let's get back to-!?" Kakashi says as he starts to walk.

"CAN'T WE GET A BETTER MISSION THAN THIS!?" Naruto cut him off screaming. "I HATE CA-i mean I love cats" Naruto shakily says as Ruby grabs Torah with a glare at him.

"STOP SCRAEMING IDIOT!" Sakura screams back, ultimately making everybody even more deaf.

Later at the mission office~

"Oh, my poor little Torah! Mommy was so worried about her naughty little kitty." A lady exclaimed as she squished the cat. All of team 7 (-Naruto) sweatdrops.

'No wonder he ran away!' Most of team 7 thinks.

"Haha, the cat got what he deserved!" Naruto says in victory. Naruto says as the woman with the cat leaves.

"Now team 7's next mission will be one of these tasks. Which could be babysitting, helping a woman with shopping, digging up potatoes, and-" Minato gets interrupted by Naruto.

"No! I wanna go on a real mission, something to get the adrenaline pumping. Not just helping with everyday chores or things kids could do. A real mission! Come on Dad. Please." Naruto puts on his best puppy dog eyes but-"Naruto if the eyes didn't work when you were six then they are definitely not gonna work now." Minato says before Iruka can intervene.

"Well worth a try. Anyway come on Dad, a real mission." Minato thinks for a second the sighs.

"We have one simple escort mission that is not deadly or at least not that dangerous. But it's C-ranked." Minato mumbles to himself for a few moments. "Okay...bring in the client!"

Just then a middle-aged man with a pointy beard and the smell of alcohol walks through the door. "I'm Tazuna, the bridge builder. You will have to protect me. I expect to live till I get home. Now how am I supposed to feel safe when I got a broody chicken-haired emo boy, a short orange gremlin, a girl with weird cat eyes, and a God damn cat with wings? I want new ninjas." He says the last thing to the Hokage as Kakashi holds back an angered Sakura and Naruto.

'That drunken bastard! Let me out and show 'em!' Sasukes inner yelled in his head as Sasuke glared at the drunk. Sakura and Naruto just huffed and calmed down.

"Well, I will make sure we can protect you, after all, I am a Jonin." Kakashi cut off a narrow-eyed Minato. "So you will be in good hands." The bridge builder scoffs as he chugs the rest of his sake.
__________

"We leave at 7 at the village's gates. Don't be late." Kakashi said as they got onto the street. He poofs away before he could get asked questions.

Sakura turned towards the boys. "So...you guys ready to deal with the bastard? Cause me and Ruby aren't." Sasuke Hn's and Naruto nods.

"Yeah can't wait to just deal with that drunk. It will be so great.." Naruto says sarcastically. Inner Sasuke agrees in Sasukes head. "Yay, I'm not alone on this," Sakura says with a sigh of relief.

"So Sakura-chan wanna get ramen with me?" Naruto asks with a pink face and nervous speech. "Just the two of us?" Naruto looks anywhere but at Sakura. But Sasuke glares at him.

'She's ours! You imbecile so stay back!' Inner Sasuke yells at the oblivious Naruto. Sasuke glares at his inner as he yells.

"Uh..sure? Sorry Ru-chan looks like you're going home alone tonight." Sakura turns towards Ruby with an apologizing look. "Oh! It's okay Saku-chan I will be fine Kakashi-San is home or going home. But the point is I will be fine so don't worry okay?" Sakura nodded as Ruby finished.

"Well then let's go Sakura-chan!' Naruto says as he grabs her wrist. Sakura laughs as he drags her away. "Okay so-!?" They get stopped by Sasuke cutting them off.

"I'm coming with," Sasuke says aggressively leaving no room for debate. Sakura smiles and Naruto glares at Sasuke for interrupting them and Sasuke's ears turn red from Sakura.

"Why are you here Jackass," Naruto says as he glares at Sasuke. Sasuke glares back. "I'm here for bonding time with Sakura. Dobe." Naruto snaps. He tackles Sasuke to the ground.

5 minutes later~

The boys were still fighting.

'You know what I will just go home.' Sakura thinks to herself as she turns and walks away.

1 hour later~

Naruto and Sasuke stop fighting. They look around with confusion.

"Where's Sakura-chan?/Sakura-baka?" They say at the same time. They glare at each other. "She left because of you!" They yell at each other. They both get up and walk away.

Le next morning~

5 am.

Sakura with Ruby in her arms walks over to the gates. "Morning chicken-ass," Sakura says sleepily as she sits next to him with Ruby in her lap. "Morning Baka," Sasuke says back with a yawn.

"So you ready for the mission?" Sakura asks trying to make small talk. Sasuke doesn't respond but puts his head on her shoulder, asleep. Sakura smiles softly as she hears his soft snores. "I take that as a no, but you sleep up so it can be a yes.." Sakura whispers as she puts her head on his.

2 hours later~

"Sorry, I'm...late.." Naruto stops as he sees Sasuke awake playing with Sakura's hair. "Hey! What are you doing!?" Naruto whisper-shouts as he walks over to them. Sasuke glares up at him. "I'm just passing time waiting for Kakashi," Sasuke says softly to not wake Sakura. Naruto glares at him but sits beside them.

A few hours later~

Sakura yawns as she sits up. Naruto and Sasuke stopped their spar to look over at her cause they heard something. They walk towards her. "Morning Sakura-chan." Naruto grins at her while Sasuke gives her a small smile.

"Morning guys. Wait...where's Ruby?" Sakura asks as she looks around. They glance at each other. "She went to use the bathroom in the bookstore, over there." Sakura looks towards where they pointed and sighs. "Okay good."

___________

"Hey kids!~," Kakashi says as he walks over to them with the bridge builder next to him. "You're both late!" Naruto and Sakura yell at them. The bridge builder glares at Kakashi too.

"Well let's go!" Ruby sighs as they start to walk out of the village.

TBC~
____________________

(And with that, this arc begins..also Hello I'm sorry for no chapter last month but I was lazy and busy so again sorry now have a good day/night/morning/afternoon)