Start

It's been months, maybe a year since the outbreak happened.

It's the end for me, I have no food and lost my way home; the cold hits my body like a punch to the jaw.

I'm Albak, an anthropomorphic fruit bat; I used to be a scientist and worked in F-Stop, our purpose was to create new lifeforms, but that spiraled into an apocalypse.

We have been replaced in the food chain by the Dawn, inky creatures who eat everything they find; they're nothing but mindless beasts.

I walk through the lab, remembering its former glory; I don't know why I came back to this place, but i have a good feeling; i hope it's true.

I miss how things were; just work, go home, do something and sleep.

Everything is trashed and dirty, boxes thrown everywhere and the dust accumulating, making me sneeze repeatedly; echoing through the large area.

Tables are broken and equipments all over the floor.

I have to watch my feet so I don't step in any glass shards; I hope there is none of the Dawn in here.

My stomache aches, I grab it in pain as I feel a liquid go up my neck; I vomit helplessly, my neck feels like it's getting teared apart by sharp claws, the vomit stains the floor.

I start crying pathetically, I can't even breathe properly, I sob between my sneezes and scream of anger; what did we do to make this happen?

I hear a noise, and then something landing from the ceiling; I turn and see one of the Dawn.

6 long legs disproportionally distributed the body, entirely black bodies, white mouth and pupils, checks out.

It can't even run properly as it stumbles from it's own legs, as it deserves;I try to run away but of course, with my weak body I can barely walk.

The Dawn stumbles onto one of the high shelves while near me, the shelf collapses onto us; but something hidden within the boxes breaks out from it's safe.

I can barely see what it is before passing out.

I hear a noise and look up to see one of the Dawn - inky creatures who eat everything in their path. The creature lands from the ceiling, stumbling like a drunken bird with its disproportionate body and long legs. It stumbles towards me, and I try to run away. But my weak body can barely walk, and I collapse onto the ground.
But then something unexpected happens - a hidden thing breaks out of its safe in the mess of boxes.