Chapter 1

At the Eastern Front of Fiore-Alvarez War, Eastern Fiore

"How can this be?! She wiped us out without effort!"

"Complete annihilation!"

"Ah shit, she's a Machias!"

"Just like Sir Wall Eehto?!"

"Is that the reason why Sir God Serena died to her hand?!"

"Run away, run away!"

"Pull back! We are leaving!"

"Forgive us, Emperor Spriggan!"

Athena, who's known as the White Wizard and the Negative Legacy, simply glanced at the remnants of the horribly devastated million-strong forces of the Alvarez Empire that had accompanied August, Jacob and God Serena* retreating away from her. In front of the White Wizard, there were large piles of dead bodies and destroyed airships laying around her along with the devastated land courtesy of her White Dragon Slayer Magic*.

After the quick defeat of the country of Bosco and its Mage guilds in their path, the Alvarez Imperial Army's legion was told to stand by at the entrance of the eastern border of Fiore and wait for orders to mobilize as their venerable Shields of Spriggan personally confront the three of the Four Gods of Ishgar and Jura Neekis, the so-called 5th ranked "Strongest Human Wizard" blocking their way to Magnolia, their target of interest to seize the town and capture the invaluable Fairy Heart hidden underneath the Fairy Tail guildhall for their immortal ruler, the Black Wizard Zeref.

From a distance, it was quite a spectacle for the men and women of Alvarez to witness God Serena, the strongest Mage of Ishgar who had wisely defected to side with their Emperor, singlehandedly take down his former comrades of the Ten Wizard Saints despite their efforts and teamwork against him, twice in a row. While the Wizard King and The Assassin simply stood by and watched, confident of their new comrade proving himself to them of his loyalty and devotion to the Alvarez Empire.

When August finally gave the orders to march forward, they were getting ready to move and follow the Shields of Spriggan on their way to Magnolia. However, during their mobilization to catch up with the Emperor's elite Mages, the Alvarez troops were unable to witness God Serena's unceremonious demise at the hands of Acnologia who's feared by all as the Black Dragon and the Dragon King, who had quickly killed the man with eight Dragon elements faster than he can even blink.

Just as the army of Alakitasia had entered into the Eastern Fiore border, they saw the battered Wizard Saints who failed to defeat their former comrade twice and they remained too weak and wounded to get up and defend themselves. As part of their twisted way of using psychological warfare, the Alvarez troops were about to take the four and string them up on poles and crosses to inflict humiliation and despair.

With intent to parade the bodies of the beaten members of the Ten Wizard Saints on their march to Magnolia Town so that Fairy Tail will understand how futile it is to defy the might of the Alvarez Empire.

It would certainly demoralize everyone in Fiore to see the esteemed members of the thrice reformed Magic Council held in such a state.

However, what stood on the Alvarez army's way was a woman in her late forties. She had black hair with white streaks, and she wore a Zentopian Church nun attire with a holy book which she carried around on her right hand as a token of her faith. Not only that, she was looking at them serenely like an emotionless doll, which was quite unsettling. To their additional shock and horror, they even saw that behind her back was the corpse of God Serena.

They quickly assumed that she was the one behind his death and deemed her a threat to be eliminated on spot.

In retaliation to avenge the recently fallen Hybrid Theory, the Alvarez forces tried to shoot her down with a barrage of their airships' Magic cannons as disproportionate retribution.