Chapter two

Authors note: (the college she's going to be attending is going to be one I'm making up because I can not do all this research, also I apologize for this chapter I feel like it's very badly written and very fast-paced)

It's been a few days since I arrived in Italy and in those days, Isa and I have gotten to know each other, I learned that we're going to be attending the same college, Venice Hills University. I also learned she's two years older than me, 18.

     I get out of bed after an hour of procrastinating and walk out of my room and into the shared bathroom we have, I smooth my braids out and brush my teeth. When I walk downstairs I see Isa making pancakes. "You're quite the chef aren't you?", She smiles at my comment and flips the pancakes. "I've always been, I guess I was just born with the skill." I wish I was born with some kind of special skill, my whole life I feel like I've just been there. I always watched my friends have all these achievements and skills and it made me feel like I was worthless, maybe that's part of the reason I came to Italy, to refresh and start a new life.

     Isa puts down a plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of me and then one for herself. We eat in silence for a while when she suddenly speaks. "Oh so my brother is going to this cool club tonight and he said he could sneak us in"
"Really?"
"Yeah, do you have something to wear?"
"I think I can find something", I finish my pancakes and put my plate in the dishwasher as Isa cleans up.

     When the sun started to set I started getting ready for the club, I put on mascara which was a rare occurrence because I didn't really wear makeup often. I put in new earrings and decided to wear a white dress and put my braids in a half-up half-down hairstyle.

     When I walk downstairs Isa squeals. "Oh my god you look so good!", she runs up to me, a small compact film camera in her hand. "What's the camera for?", I ask. "Oh, I always carry one, I like to capture memories with this."

     Once we get our stuff together, we go outside and head into the Uber Isa called. "So I heard the Timothée Chalamet might be at the club", Isa says and I roll my eyes in return. "Yeah whatever, what are the chances of that", I shrug it off. "Anyways, I can help you out at the club since I can speak most Italian and you can't", she was right, I couldn't speak any Italian, I tried learning some with Duolingo but that owl wasn't teaching me shit.

     We head towards the club and who I'm guessing is her brother walks up to us, his arms crossed. He was tall, probably 6'1, with blue eyes and blonde hair. "Amaya this is my step brother", Isa says to which I nod. "Okay so I'm 21 and you guys are not so I'm going to help you both in", he flashes a smile and leads us towards the entrance of the club, whispering something to the bouncer and then leading us inside. "So this is, I guess what you could say my club", he smirks. "This is not your club Matt", Isa says, grabbing my wrist and pushing past him. "Don't drink too much and make good choices!", Matt yells at us as we walk towards the bar. "Two shots of vodka", Isa orders. "Damn Isa we just got here"
"We gotta get you all charged up to find you a man", I roll my eyes at her comment and the bartender pushes two shot glasses towards us. "Okay on the count of three", Isa says, picking up her shot glass.
"One"
"Two"
"Three"
     We down the shot of vodka and I swallow it down with disgust. "Okay let's mingle", Isa says, grabbing my wrist for the third time today.

     Many shots later and I was for sure drunk, going on and off the dance floor with Isa. At some point, I lost her and tried to get through all the people crowding me. The loud music combined with the banging in my head was unbearable. I bump into someone. "Oh shit I'm sorry", I look up and my jaw almost drops. Timothée fucking Chalamet.