part 4: The Bully

"I've been called worse things by better people and honestly you could have come up with something cooler to say then 'you look like a freak'." The blond kid frowned and went to grab Kai's shirt. "What did you just say to me newbie?" She stepped back and his hand missed.

More kids were starting to gather around Kai and the bully, he kept trying to grab her and she would continue to dodge and weave around him. Some of the kids started to laugh.

"Ugh! Why won't you just stand still!" The blond lunged and Kai stepped out of reach, putting on a cocky grin. "Why don't you stand in the road." She retorted.

He growled and jumped at her, she kicked his legs out from under him and watched him fall onto the hard wood floor. She crouched next to him and pressed his head into the floor, lowering her voice so only he could hear her.

"I'm feeling merciful today, so I'll let you go but you try this shit with me again and you will regret it." She hissed at him before standing up again and dusting her Gym clothes off.

Kai stepped away and turned towards Jim and Toby, she smiled and put her hands on her hips.

"What the heck did you say to him, Kai?" Toby implored. Kai smiled sweetly.

"Something scary." She dismissed his question and looked over her shoulder at the other kids, completely missing Toby and Jim sharing a glance.

Coach Lawrence pushed past the gathered kids. "Palchuk! What is going on here?" One of the other kids stepped forward, Kai instantly recognized her as Claire. "He tried picking on the new girl and fell." She said it so sweetly and then winked at Kai.

Kai winked back and grinned, watching 'Palchuck' stand up. He glared at her as he walked away and she have a tiny wave with a smirk on her face.

----------------------------------------------------
Time Skip brought to you by 'The Palchuk!'
----------------------------------------------------

The bell rang signaling the end of the day. All the students were leaving.

Kai was walking with Jim and Toby, they were in front of her, chating about something.

"So, good news, dude. My orthodontist says I'm almost done with my braces. Only four more years." Toby said happily and Kai rolled her eyes. "Four years isn't 'almost done'." She pointed out.

Just then the sound of a locker slamming caught both Kai's and Jim's attention. The same blond boy from before was holding a smaller kid in that locker.

"Okay. Nothing to see here." Toby's voice quivered slightly as he spoke. "We can't just let him do that." Jim argued and Kai nodded her head.

"Oh, yes, we can. If Psycho Steve's terrorizing him, he's not terrorizing us." Kai turned to look at Toby, not realizing that Jim had turned his bike and was starting to walk towards 'Steve'.

"Does he bother you alot?" Toby nodded before noticing Jim was gone. "Jim? Jim! Oh, no."

Kai looked over to the two boys, sighing before walking towards them.

"Tell me again, dweeb-face." He smacked the metal door of the locker as Kai caught up with Jim. "Tell me about the creatures and maybe I'll let you out!"

Kai frowned. 'Creatures? Did he see something?'. Just then Jim piped up. "Or you can let him out right now. I mean, you know, it would be nice."

Steve turned around slowly. "Nice would be you minding your own business." Steve growled.

"Oh, hi, Jim." The kid in the locker squeaked before being shut up when Steve hammered his fist onto the door again.

"So, where were we? Um... Oh, yeah okay." Steve thought out loud. "You were telling me about the monsters you saw this morning, with fangs and... what was it, again?"

Steve smacked the locker. "Stone for skin! In the canal!" The kid in the locker quaked.

Kai felt all the blood drain from her face. 'Did this kid see me?' 'Does he know I was there?' Her thoughts spun in circles and she stoped paying attention to Steve and Jim.

She came to when she saw Steve drag Jim towards him by the strap of his bag.

"Or you'll do what?" Steve hissed, Kai stepped forward but Jim kept talking. "Okay, do it. Punch me."

Steve chuckled. "You... you're asking for a beating?" Kai raised her eyebrows in disbelief as she stared at Jim. "Yeah. Just go crazy. But in twenty years, you're gonna be fat and bald and you'll be working in a muffler shop, and Eli will have a career in software and he'll be a billionaire."

"I do like computers." The kid in the locker, Eli, added and Steve smacked the locker again.

Suddenly, Toby started chanting. "Let him out, let him out, let him out!" Other kids soon joined in.

Steve raised his hand to punch Jim and out of nowhere, the door to the gym swung open, revealing a very upset looking Coach Lawrence.

"Palchuk, why aren't you at practice?" Steve instantly dropped Jim and went over to the locker. "I was helping Eli, here."

Steve opened the door and a very mousey looking kid with glasses waved at the watching teens.

"On the double! Now!" Coach Lawrence yelled, shutting the gymnasium door.

When Coach was out of earshot, Steve slammed the locker again, leaning over and whispering in Jim's ear. Kai was to far away to hear, she only saw Steve walking away, saying. 'tick took tick.' She rolled her eyes.

Eli banged on the locker door from the inside and Jim opened the door. The kid fell out with a startled yelp and hit the floor with his face. His glasses slid to Kai's feet.

"Thank you." He chirped as he dusted him self off. Kai crouched and picked up the glasses and extended them towards Eli, he turned to face her. "Oh, Thank... you." He quickly snatched the glasses, gathered his things and skutled away.

"Wierd kid." Toby remarked, walking up to Kai and Jim. "Yeah, wierd kid." Kai agreed, following the two boys as they left the school.