☽|𝟘𝟙|☾

𝟡:𝟝𝟘 .𝕄. | 𝔸𝕀𝕃 𝟚, 𝟚𝟘𝟘𝟞
𝔸𝕋𝕃𝔸𝕋𝔸, 𝔾𝔼𝕆𝔾𝕀𝔸

*Knock knock knock*

"Hey diamond it's dad, come open the door for me." Rashid said leaned against the door frame as he waited on his daughter to open the door for him.

Meanwhile inside the room, diamond stood in her closet hanging up her clothes from light to dark.

As she heard her father's voice from the other side of her room door she quickly hurried out of her closet bumping into a few boxes that laid around the room before abruptly opening the door revealing her dad who smiled as she came into view.

"Wassup daddy?" Diamond questioned out of breath. "Nun, just thought I should check in on you. You alright babygirl, you seem a little out of breath there." Rashid said stating the obvious.

"Well I'm still unpacking and moving a couple things around so yeah." Diamond said opening the door widely and turning around to finish unpacking. "You need some help?" He asked as he entered the room while looking around at the mess.

"Yes please, I'm halfway done with putting my bed together but you can finish it since I done broken a few nails." Diamond said with a pout as she showed her father a few of her broken nails. "I'll give you some money for your nails baby." He said, playfully rolling his eyes with a smile thinking that's what she wanted him to say. "Oh don't worry daddy, I already have the money to get a refill." Diamond said as she unloads her makeup bags onto her lit up vanity.

"You ain't talking about your graduation money now are you diamond?" He questioned with a raised brow. "It's only a little daddy, it's not like I won't have enough for when I'll need it." She said turning to him with her makeup brushes in hand. "No diamond, I don't care whatcha say you're not using that money. I mean you saved up for graduation ONLY not to spend it on things like your nails." Rashid said sternly with a shake of his head.

"Alright daddy." Diamond said with a sigh ending the conversation because she knew if she took it further it'll only end badly. Plus it's a stupid thing to argue over anyway.

"C'mere, help me fix this bed so we can get started on dinner." He said holding up a screwdriver for the girl. "Okay, but I'm deciding on what we're having tonight." Diamond said grabbing ahold of the screwdriver and popping a squat next to her father who rolled his eyes with a shake of his head. "Fine." He said with a smile and they got to working on her bed together.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"Alright baby, g'night, don't forget you start school tomorrow." Diamond's dad said leaned against the door frame as he watched diamond get into bed. "Okay, g'night daddy." She said looking at him as she rubbed her tired eyes.

Rashid smile in awe.

What he's seeing right now is the younger version of diamond sitting in her toddler bed as she rubbed her tired eyes with a pout.

It seems old habits never die.

"Love you sweetheart." He says gently with his hand on the door knob. Diamond smiles tiredly at him. "Love you too daddy." She said and he nods his head before closing her door shut; as on cue diamond laid down and gets comfortable underneath her covers before shutting her eyes soon drifting off to sleep.

———————————————————————————

End of Chapter

Word Count: 588

Comment & Vote

Byeee💜