ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

you walked to school slowly, dragging your untied shoelaces and your heavy backpack as you yawned and trudged forward

your appearance was disheveled and messy, your uniform untucked, but not in the worst state possible.

yesterday, you applied for the art club. why? because student council vice president ganyu herself approached you a week ago. she explained that its mandatory that all second years join some sort of club or afterschool activity.

art club sounded like the easiest choice. you're fairly good at arts and crafts, specifically sketching, from all the years of doodling in your math notebook.

besides, all art club does to contribute to teyvat high is designing the logo and painting murals on the back of the school. no one goes back there anyways???

oh. and theater props. they do theater props cause the school is too broke to afford purchasing actual working props that aren't made of fucking cardboard.

if ningguang could contribute to the funds it would be a different story. but the principal said no for some reason. his loss fr.

back to the present, a black car drove by and ran over a puddle in the road, from last night's sudden rain. which conveniently happened to be right next to you, and drenching your shoes.

there are a few strange people that you could name that would enjoy wet socks, ahem ayaka, and you were not one of those people! so you sighed again and kept walking, this time at a faster pace.

approaching the gates, xianyun, from the student council, was stationed there with a clipboard and pen. likely doing uniform checks.

"bennett, one can only be baffled by the sight of your uniform! what happened?" xianyun gasped, a drenched bennet trying to sneak past but getting caught in his attempt. 

seems he's not the only one who got splashed. looks like you're the luckier one, however.

while bennett tried to explain why he looks like he took a quick morning swim, xianyun checked off other students passing by.

"alright miss collei, please head in. arataki itto, stop right there!" she halted a certain oni that was also trying to slink by, but his massive size made it a difficult challenge to hide in the crowd of students. 

he flinched and walked over meekly, wriothesley and heizou snickering behind him. bennett took this as a chance to escape. razor, who was walking with him, followed behind, his uniform covered with dirt and paw prints.

you used the poor oni as a distraction and slipped by, heading inside the brick building. your locker was on the second floor, so you followed the flow of students upstairs.

"hey, could you move?" you raised an eyebrow at two 1st years, who were chatting in front of your locker. barbara and yunjin, likely discussing a topic that isn't pertinent to schoolwork.