ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

aren't weekends just amazing?

going outside, getting some fresh air, taking a relaxing walk, getting hounded on by the twins, watering some flowers...

wait, what??

"[y/n]!!" lyney almost knocked you over, stumbling as he tried to halt his movements.

lynette followed close behind, her face blank and unchanging as per usual. she simply adjusted her ribbon and watched her brother.

"hi--" you managed to choke out, a bit paralyzed from the sudden scare. lyney grips your shoulders and makes you look at him.

"me and lynette won't be in town for 2 days, we're performing a show that's a bit farther away. can you keep freminet company?!" he pleaded. you stared at him, bewildered.

"uhm. if that's what you want, sure. i can hang out with him." you offered, and he visibly brightened. "great, because we're leaving in an hour. thanks, [y/n]! we'll pay you back, promise!" lyney scampered off, and lynette trailed behind.

if you had a nickle for the amount of times you've been stopped in the street this week, you'd have two nickles.

which isn't a lot, but it's still weird that it happened twice.

well, there goes your peaceful weekend. this week has been overwhelming. but, you'd never turn down a hangout with your best friend. you knew how lonely he could get.

after 15 minutes of walking, you arrive at the house of the hearth.

located at the back of the town, the house of the hearth is a medium-sized orphanage, which happens to be where the twins and freminet live.

you knock on the door after a moment of hesitation. a tall woman answers.

you know this woman as arlecchino, otherwise known as the father. her long white hair with black tips is tied into a low ponytail. she's wearing a simple black and white suit with a few extra accessories. and finally, her unique cross shaped black and red eyes stare down at you.

you've met her a few times before. hopefully, you've left a good impression on her.

"hello, miss arlecchino. is freminet home?" you questioned her as politely as you could, mustering up a smile.

"[y/n]. i haven't seen you in a while. i trust you've been taking care of yourself?" arlecchino speaks, with a tone of authority, with a subtle undertone of care and inquiry.

"ive been well, thank you for asking." you avert your gaze. something about her intimidates you too much to hold eye contact.

"its a pleasure to hear that. freminet is in his room. thank you for agreeing to watch over him while we're gone. lyney, lynette. come along, we're leaving now." arlecchino ordered, and walked past you, out the door. it seems the twins already told her.