The betrayal

You, a member of Task Force "Demolish" were on a mission with your acquaintances. While infiltrating a building you were heavily injured. Somehow you had slipped and fallen on a broken pipe, it now having ripped a hole in your thigh. The pain is agonizing and you turn and try to seek help from your teammates, but just then all of you hear heavy footsteps. Your teammates look at you and at the door, it doesn't take long before they turn and leave you for dead.

"So long Vega, been nice knowing you.."

They all say before dashing put and leaving you to die. As you feel a lingering fear, you can't help but gasp and shudder when you hear gunshots outside the room and see two out of the five previous men fall to the floor dead. A scream is almost shoved out of your mouth when you see the terrifyingly mauled and ripped operators fall down. Your attention is averted to your bleeding leg, you quickly pull off your balaclava and rip it up to tie at the highest point of your thigh, just enough to stop blood flow. You bite the bottom of your lip as you pull the metal pipe put of it and roll down, trying to get up and run. Your hair is messy, dirty and covered in dried blood and you yourself are a mess, thankfully you manage to get up and sprint outside of the room with all you've got before anyone else can enter and find you. While running, all that you can think of is how you were left to die just like that, the pain of abandonment stung more than the thought of losing a leg or death.

As you're running you start hearing steps behind you and a gun starts firing, you pray to God that you're lucky enough to not get hit, and your wish is granted... although that doesn't mean that you aren't tackled to the ground. You feel another man hold you down and put a gun to your head as he spoke.

"Give me one good reason on why I shouldn't blow your brains out!"

He commands, his voice firm and strong  resonating through the damp hallway. The man has got a strong British accent and an iron grip. You can't help but freeze and shiver, you feel your sins crawling on your back. Is this really how you'll die?

"I've got no reason! I was simply left to die by the others!"

You desperately shout, your throat burns with every word, as if acid is ouring out of it. Everything you say scars you more and more, you never thought that you'd be in this position.

"Then you're fuckin useless?! That's not a way on saving your ass you know?"

The man says with an amused voice, strengthening his grip around your wrists as he presses the gun harshly against your head. You feel as if he's going to break your wrists at any given second, and you hope he does it after he kills you.

"State your calling name, your rank and your name soldier. And don't lie to me."

The man orders, he's not playing around and he want answers as soon as possible. This is not something up for discussion, it's an order.

"My calling is Vega, I'm a Sergeant and my name is Y/N sir!"

You say as you feel little tears forming, as much as you want to burst into tears at the moment you know it's unfit for anyone to cry in this moment, if you die, die with honor.

You feel the other man soften the grip on your wrists, even though some anger radiates off of him. A radio goes off, talking to the man.

"𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵, 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘱𝘺? 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨?"

The man on the radio asks. You feel your hearbeat quicken and your head get lighter. Oh shit.. was the man who grabbed you the Ghost?! The man who strikes fear into every task force possible. Any hopes of life you had by now were gone, you just waited to get killed and move on in the afterlife.

"Got a Sergeant, goes by Vega. What do you think we should do?"

Ghost says to his radio as he keeps holding you down and allowing you to move just enough to keep breathing. By now you have given up and are waiting for death, he should be killing you as soon as possible, it's probably just a matter of time until he decides to pull the trigger.

"𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘪𝘯, 𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘶𝘱."

The other voice said once again of the radio. Your breath caught in your throat as your eyes widened. You were still alive, and you'd remain alive for more time. As much as you wanted to smile and laugh, a feeling of dread still haunted you. You'd still die at some point, but you didn't want it to be by anyone other than yourself.

"All right, then so be it."

Said Ghost as he pulled you up and cuffed your arms in four different places, holding the gun to your neck and threatening you with every chance he'd get.

"Don't try anything or else I'll pain the walls with your goddamn blood, understood?"

He asked and you hesitantly nodded. As you'd be pushed across the hallway and rooms you saw your old teammates on the floor, two had managed to escape and go back to base, but three others had suffered a terrible fate. You never thought you'd see people so brutally killed, it made you sick to your stomach. But at least you managed to live, even though you were the only one supposed to die.

As you made your way out of the building you were quickly blindfolded and hit in the head with a strong item, knocking you out immediately. You felt yourself be grabbed, dragged and thrown into some sort of truck. You felt eyes staring at you before you fully lost conscience. Next thing you know you woke up in a room, tied up and disarmed, even your clothes had been changed to prevent you from moving in any sort of way.