Inside the base

As you slowly feel yourself wake up, a loud ringing in your ear interrupts the string of pain that came with your headache. You tried to reach for your head to feel for any bumps or cuts but noticed that you couldn't move your arms. In a quick panick you try to jump and only then do you finally become aware of your surroundings. The dark concrete room that you find yourself in conveys a feeling of dread, the jagged and cracked walls add onto the worry and fear of the place around you. The more you look around, the more you feel a sharp sting all throughout your arms and legs. As your gaze is turned downward, you notice how metal rods and ropes have been used to tie you in place, the materials rubbing against your skin, burning and bruising it. A hiss of pain escapes your mouth but a small sense of relief follows as you see that your leg has been patched up.

While you take in the atmosphere, suddenly the door opens, and two men walk inside. With men seem to be taller than you and have a much more well-built complex than you'd usually see in others.

"You woke up already? Must've been a light hit, no?"

Asked one of the men, you barely noticed the voice belonged to Ghost. His deep accent resonated along with his voice through the cramped and closed off space. The man beside him silently stared at you, his face impossible to see in the shadows.

"It still hurts bad, but maybe I'm just a bit more capable than you're making me out to be.."

You weakly respond, shaking your head lightly in hopes of easing the headache. As You feel the eyes on you, your heartbeat quickens. This type of situation is the least ideal one to be in. There's no exits, no acquaintances, no help.. You're destined to die in the end, and you know it.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘵, 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥."

Said the other man, stepping into the room light. He was a relatively tall man, not as tall as Ghost, though. He had an interesting accent and spoke in a weird manner. For a moment, you found it hard to understand him. What quickly caught your eye was his head, he had chiseled features that were highlighted fully by his hair shape. It seemed like a mowhawk put a nicely cut one. Despite these things the man managed to keep an intimidating act up and spoke with much confidence. The way that they both ordered you to speak was unusual for someone to easily follow through with.

"What do you need to know?"

The question rolled off of your tongue as if it had been waiting there for ages already, just begging to be let out. You didn't know how much they'd let you live but by now you wondered if it'd be worth it to ask more, than answer in general.

"First of all we need to know everything about you Y/N. That means everything! The more hones you are, the higher your chances of living become. We need to confirm your position to know just how much we can squeeze out of you. And don't even try to lie, or we burn your whole family down."

Said Ghost with a wicked grin that you could feel he had under his balaclava. The other man snickered as they both looked at each other. You took a gulp and a deep breath before speaking. There was no other way of hiding or lying, everything would be checked anyway.

"My name is Y/N, code name is Vega.. I'm a Sergeant for task force Demolished. I was born in [dd.mm.yy] and am currently (..) years old. I was born I'm [chosen county or city] and joined my task force 7 years ago. My skill was unmatched for their already low standards so I managed to get promoted quickly enough to be considered the best of the best in that place. I am a [afab/amab] (assigned female or male at birth.)"

The two men listened intently as you spoke, nodding and exchanging looks from time to time. After you went quiet, they both pulled back to start discussing what they heard and to decide of they believed you or not. After a bit of silence the unknown man turns to you and proceeds to speak.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘶𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦. 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘶𝘴, 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘺, 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘯-𝘯𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥, 𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘯𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦."

Cold sweat runs down your face, a feeling of dread can't help but take over. You have no other option but to oblige. And so you do.

"I'll help you for as long as you keep me alive."

You answer. Saying any of this felt like slitting your stomach open and pulling your intestines out. This was a new level of betrayal, though maybe this was deserved. Nevertheless all that matters is that you're still breathing, and you probably will be for some more time..