Leslie - Nine

(Leslie's POV)

A horn blew in the distance and Jack looked at her with concern while he quickly explained the rules of capture the flag.

He finished just in time because while they grabbed their armor and weapons a voice yelled, "NEW TEAMS ARE; Athena, Apollo, Hermes, and Ares VS Hades, Aphrodite, Poseidon, and Hephaestus"

Jack muttered something under his breath that Leslie didn't understand while they jogged to their positions.

A blonde haired girl was arguing with a brown haired one by the flag.

"I'm telling you! If we attack from the left flank they won't see it coming! We will go through that way and send a couple decoys through the right!" The blond one yelled.

"But if you go through the left flank the Hephaestus kids will have traps wired and I guarantee the right is left alone!" The brown headed one screamed.

"THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK! ITS A FAKE!" The blond one yelled louder.

They were to busy arguing to see a blond Apollo camper walk up between them, "What Will?!" The brown haired one shouted.

"Um well..." He scratched the back of his neck nervously, "if you go through the left then should we...guard the right?"

"Yes." The blond Athena camper agreed as she put a hand on his shoulder.

"Fine, but we are ambushing first." The brown haired girl grumbled as she walked away and told her fellow cabin mates the plan.

Leslie stood there and took it all in.

Will walked up being her and said, "Hey, you new?" She nodded, "I noticed you have a bow, your weapon of choice?" He asked her, again she nodded in a daze.

"Well if you want, the Apollo campers and I are using our bows to protect the right flank, wanna be my partner?" He asked with the biggest smile Leslie had ever seen, again she nodded. In a trance.

He walked away to go find a good spot, "Get a load of that." Jack laughed as if Will had been full of himself or something.

Leslie looked up at him confused, "A load of what? Hes so nice..." She trailed off staring in his direction.

"Oh don't get to caught up in him he's taken, yeah his boyfriend and him-" Leslie cut Jack off and he smiled, "His boyfriend?" She asked.

"Yeah his-" but yet again Jack was cut off by the horn that signaled the start of the game, he shrugged and walked off with the other Hermes campers and Leslie went off to find Will again.

She walked up behind him and he smiled at her, before she could talk he held a finger to her mouth shushing her, she giggled and he jokingly scolded her.

They went silent when they heard some twigs snapping. Their heads both snapped in the direction of the intruder, Will readied his bow, Leslie waited.

A huge white blur leaped from the patch of bushes and on top of Will, Leslie panicked, she ran.

"LESLIEEE LES-LIEEE" she heard Will's screams and turned around.

She had ran far, about a football fields length away from Will but she could see him struggling, she readied her bow and let go.

The arrow sank into the monsters neck, it froze and simply fell off Will, she ran to his side.

His neck was scraped and bleeding badly, she looked at her hands and took a deep breath, she hadn't done this since she was 9....she gently rested her hand on his neck and willed it to heal, it did, slowly but surely.

He sat up coughing with wide eyes, "Leslie," he said, "you you saved me with your bow and you can..." He trailed off staring at her bow and head now.

She looked at her side where she had set her bow down, it was glowing gold, and above her head a glowing lyre symbol.

"Your a child of Apollo," he finished, "welcome home sis." He said as he pulled her into a hug.

He was so warm she almost melted, "What did I kill?" She asked after he let her go.

"A carnivorous sheep," he told her, "which isn't a good sign..." He trailed off with a worried look on his face.

"Well that sounds...bad we should like tell someone right? Come on let's uh go.." She said not fully getting it.

"No way, we have to finish capture the flag first." He explained, "if we go running through the woods now the other team will capture is and use us as-"

"HOSTAGES" a loud voice came from behind the bushes, as he walked out with a small army of skeletons, trapping them. It was Eli, he had a menacing look on his face.

-Julia22701