Supership 5 Bio : Musspelheim

About Musspelheim
( Naval Ops Commander Wiki )

The Musspellheim is a humongous reocurring supership in the Naval Ops Series

The Musspellheim is a humongous reocurring supership in the Naval Ops Series. Based upon the lasership Trollslegur, it eliminates it's predecessor's weakness, amplifies it's strength, and adds some traits of it's own. This is inverted in Warship Gunner 2, with the Trollsleger (a.k.a Trollsegur), being the successor to Musspellheim.

In Naval Ops:Commander, it was the supership spearheading the attack against the player's allied ports. In Warship Gunner 2, it was sent to attack the player commanded by either a normal, Wilkian Empire commander, or, if your commander is Werner, it will be commanded by Rear Admiral Amagi.

Her capability is beyond Trollsegur ?

As mentioned before, it has many improvements over the Trollslegur. The first is it's weapons; in Naval Ops:Warship Gunner and Naval Ops:Commander, it has improved energy weapons, plasma guns and in the first game, a deadly Railgun Dris (which is presumed to be the weapon at the bow of the ship). In the third game, Warship Gunner, it's noticeably weaker that the Trollslegur, it actually being the predecessor, but is still a dangerous threat due to it's many types of attacks.

The first and foremost type of attack is, of course, it's weapons. In the first two games, it has balanced combination of live ammo and laser ammo type weaponry. As a result, if the player does have electromagnetic shielding and gravity shielding, and said shielding is unbalanced between the two, then it will be easy for Musspellheim to choose the more effective weapons to use against you. One very dangerous feature about this ship is present in the first game, it's most powerful incarnation, where it has a Railgun Dris as a weapon, which can cause 6000 damage to the player, making it a very dangerous weapon. In the third game, it doesn't have lasers but a full range of live ammo weapons, including a barrage of missiles which can cause a huge amount of damage to the player if all of the missiles launched hit.

And finally, in all three games, it's most consistent and defining feature is the two aircraft carrier decks welded to the sides of ship, which is it's second type of attack; aircraft. The quality of said aircraft vary from game to game, but regardless, the point of which the player is in the game at the point make them all deadly (which is very true in the first game, since Musspellheim is equipped with Halbard IV's, one of the most powerful aircraft throughout the entire series).

As for it's engine and armor, in all three games, Musspellheim is relatively fast and has a decently heavy set of armor. This makes maintaining damage against the Musspellheim and the player's ship even harder to figure out.

2 in 1 fighter ?

Musspellheim also has another tactic in her combat mission, which is used after extensive damage is done to the deck. In Naval Ops:Warship Gunner and Naval Ops:Commander, when it's decks are destroyed, it's HP will be restored to limits beyond that of which it had before. And in Naval Ops:Warship Gunner only, it will activate the Railgun Dris. At this point, if the player were to move in front of the Musspellheim, it would fire the Railgun Dris at the player and will most likely hit and cause massive damage.