Ch 11

Leading Narcissa outside, Tom made sure to put a charm over them so they wouldn't be seen by the muggles, least of all carrying a teenager outside who had obviously seen better days.

Letting the Lady Malfoy take a hold of his elbow, Tom turned on his heel to apparate to Slytherin Keep, as it was an impenetrable fortress, instead of Riddle manor which was in itself, just a muggle house. Slytherin keep had been build, fortified, and charmed by Salazar Slytherin himself, ages ago, and was still standing strong because of that.

As Narcissa let go of his elbow, he set out in a brisk walk towards one of the bedchambers, wanting to be the precious cargo in his arms could be examined and healed, if this were necessary.

Laying Harry down, Tom noticed that the teen's face had contorted in pain, seemingly more than before.

Looking at the healer besides him, Tom asked, "now what, Narcissa?"

She hummed, "take the medallion off, I don't know if it applies here, but I have heard of other who got into their inheritance were hindered from boing so because of the strong charms on the medallion. It's the main reason I suggested we get out of that muggle household."

Tom nodded and opened the chain, taking the medallion off of the teen in front of him.

As soon as the medallion was removed, Harry's facial expression turned a lot smoother, like the pain was lessening.

Tom nodded, "is there anything else we can do?"

Narcissa shook her head, "Naga, as a species are very resilient to magic outside of their on body, with skin that resembled that of a basilisk. Even if I wanted to, I am quite sure his skin has already hardened enough that no spell I cast will be of actual use."

Tom frowned, "so we wait."

Narcissa nodded, "it's all we can do at this moment. Let's hope he gets through this soon, although I think there is still a long way to go, since the medallion blocked a part already. I do not know how a Naga transforms, but from the stories he should grow a tail where his legs once were. Also, depending on his line, he might be venomous, but we can't know that for sure until after he completed the change."

Looking back at her patient, she noticed the boy had started shivering again.

"Maybe also light the fireplace in his room, as I don't think Nagas can thermoregulate. With us being in England, I can imagine he must have been cold a lot of times."

Tom just nodded, pointing his wand at the fireplace, and lighting it up, already feeling the warmth coming from it. It would seem the teen on the bed felt the same thing, as he relaxed minutely at the warmth now spreading through the room.

Narcissa smiled, excited to be taking care of a Naga, they had been believed to be extinct, but with the way they had been around for far longer than most creatures, and were one of the first to breed with humans and achieve wizards, she was looking forward to getting to meet Mr. Potter, and to learn more about him, both as a person, and as a Naga.

"I think we should leave him alone, My Lord. Most of us like to be alone when the change happens, only requiring company after the fact."

Tom hummed, but stood and mad his way out of the room. He promised himself to come and check up on the teen every hour or so, to make sure he was still comfortable and the fire hot enough.

Turning to the Lady Malfoy next to him, he asked, "care for a drink, while we wait for your husband?"

The blond nodded and followed him into the lounge, where he asked a house elf to bring them some tea. The little being did so but stayed after it had delivered the tray of tea, making Tom look up at her.