Ch 22

Mohinder was shocked to find an owl waiting for him when he returned from his hunt. While he was familiar with owl post, and other sorts of mail sending, he hadn't received mail in over 100 years, back when more of his family was still among the living.

Now, he was the only one left. Sighing, he ran a Parslemagic spell over the letter, just to be sure the sender didn't have any malicious reasons for sending it. When it came back clear he took the letter from the bird and nodded his head at it, telling it, it was free to go back to its master.

Opening the letter, he was stunned to read it was in Parslescript, even more so when he read, and then reread the letter multiple times just to be sure he was reading what he thought he was reading.

He remembered the incidence with what he thought was a Muggle girl, the frenzy he went in when he smelled her - thinking he had indeed put the few living members of his family in danger with something he couldn't explain.

Now, knowing she was of Naga descent, comforted him in a way, he wished he had known this all those years ago, to be able to take care of her and the hatchling she had - a daughter - who in turn it seemed had a son, who had gone through the transformation, and was living with another Naga descendant.

It all got him very excited, to know that he wasn't the last, as he had feared, that there are others out there, some of them of his blood. After Kali, his sister, had died, he had feared he would be the only one left - rotting away on this tomb that at one point had been a great city, the centre of the world of Magic, but now abandoned and used as a safe heaven for those hunted by Muggle or extremist wizard kind just fer being who they were.

There were others here, but none of them were Naga, so understanding each other totally wasn't possible, but they all respected him for who he was, the heir to a throne long forgotten, but still respected in some circles. To have the news that he had an heir, would bring joy to many of those residenting here.

While he did not know what the future would hold, he was looking forward to it again, and longed to meet with a grandson he had never met, but already loved beyond belief.

Making his way back to his nest, he looked around for parchment and something to write, feeling almost giddy in that he finally had someone else to write to, to correspond to a family member not living here, in the nest they had retreated back to, to escape the hunt for them all those years ago.

Finding a piece of charcoal, he put it onto the paper and penned a reply to his grandson.

Seeing a bird appear in the sky close to Slytherin Keep, Tom sends out one of the House Elves to wait for it, and to check that it didn't have a spell or tracking charm placed on it. When Daisy appeared again, the bird perched on her head, they both sighed in relief.

Daisy approached Harry when she entered the office space properly, the bird on her head hopping over towards him, holding out the letter.

Taking the letter, the bird took off again, its assignment completed.

Looking at Tom, before opening the letter, Harry beamed as he saw that his grandfather had written him back, and that within a few days. Knowing, or suspecting that Hedwig had to make the trip all the way to India, and this other bird had done the same, but in the other direction, was marvellous and showed promise in starting to correspond with his grandfather.

My dearest Grandson

Words cannot express how I felt when I read the letter you send me, after the passing of my sister a few years ago, I had despaired at being the only one left. Your letter telling me this wasn't the case brought joy to my old soul.