zero: intro

blue lock, sports academy

only the best athletes could come here, an acceptance letter was every young athletes dream

not yours though, it's kinda upsetting the way you react to your enrollment but your glad you're not the only one who feels that way

you weren't the only one at the rink today, someone else was there watching you skate. performing moves you've done a thousand times.

"her eyes look dead, is she even enjoying herself?" you heard the comment coming from that someone else. a hurtful comment said in a concering way.

did he care? it made you think and for the first time it gave a warm rush feeling running through your veins.

"skating like you're not even alive," the blue haired soccer player muttered before he left the rink. "a zombie, interesting."

you couldn't quite hear the last part. a zombie, even regular people who didn't know you see you as a zombie.

///

"what a shitty orientation day i hope i never see him again." you sit down playing with your noodles complaining to your bestfriend hiori yo, "yocchan i can't believe the audacity of that person, calling me dead inside or whatever!"

"he's a footballer like me yeah?" he asked, you nodded slurping you noodles. "his name tag has soccer written all over it, i saw the back of his jersey. his name is isagi."

"watch your food you know your diets strict," he said causing you frown. "did you even listen to what i said?"

"i did but you'll get yelled at if you weight shifts even a little," he warned.

"yeah yeah i know, i counted the nutritional value. if i eat a 4th of this bowl it should stay within my calorie count and give me enough energy to train and as a bonus you can have the rest!" you explained.

"i was gonna have the rest anyways i paid for it," he rolled his eyes.

"you're slightly pissed, your parents, a videogame or??" you pointed out. "karasu's in the program, same one as me. i get you, he didn't even egg onto it but its pissing me off." he took the noodle bowl and shoved the noodles in his mouth. angry eating, a trait both you and hiori share.

"are you excited?" you asked. "yeah, i guess i'm away from my parents. they're such burdens." he answers honestly. "and you?"

"boarding schools sound different, i like different. i guess i don't mind. i wonder how many different people i'll meet. you'll probably find a whole chunk of japanese people to socialise with." you replied. "I'll meet more people from different countries, how amazing." he sounded a little more excited when he talked

"you've met me why are you so surprised?" you laughed. "i think if i meet more people like you i'd be surprised. people are so different though i wouldn't be able to find someone as nice as you."

"fate brought us together! so glad my iceskating skill take me all over the world!" you giggled. hiori gave you a comforting smile. "thank you for being my friend when i moved her for training."

"y/n don't get sappy with me..." he cringed. "hey, let meet tomorrow at the train station together,"

"come to my apartment instead. i don't have anyone to help me out or drive." you whined. "nah you'll fine just get an uber." he suggested.

"fine. i don't get why orientation day was today but were officially moving into blue lock tomorrow. do all boarding schools work like that?" you asked, thinking back to the orientation day, despite expecting a more diverse range of people you really only met people from japan.

"y/n are you silly? they hold orientation days based on where you live. ours was today because we live in the same country where blue lock is established." he facepalmed. "it's on the website and information slips."

"oh huehue my bad." you sheepishly chuckle. "you and your weird ass laugh," he cringes at you again.

"i'm going home now, its getting late." you grab your things and wave goodbye to hiori, "you better be there on time."

"of course i will." he waved you goodbye while you left the cafe and headed home to the apartment you'll eventually have to part ways with tomorrow. you should've probably told your landlord about the boarding school you'll be attending before hand...

"ring..! ring..!" your phone started ringing on your way home. "y/n here, hello?" you answered the phone. "my sweet sweet baby how are you doing?!" your doting mother was calling to check up on you after 3 months no contact due to work. "hi mum, hows work?" you asked. "ooouh i'm so glad you asked! we got a business deal with mikage corp you know, that rich family who owns half the buildings in japan, hell i think they own your apartment!— but enough about them i've got many interviews lined up and more projects to set my eyes on. you're winter program is up soon right? goodluck! but i don't wanna see any of that ice princess or zombie debate online when you skate, sweetie i gotta go.. bye!" she hung up before you could even tell her its already passed, a week ago. you also couldn't tell her that debate did happen once again and was trending for a little while on twitter...

she went on about her life for so long you were already at your door by the end of the call. she may sounded a little self-centred but in all honesty you didn't care much, you just wished she remembered about you more.

you wish she would pay attention to your achievements like she used too. before your iceskating success landed her many great job opportunities. but it wasn't so bad your iceskating gave her work like a huge boost, how else were you supposed to be able to afford all the equipment you had. she was providing you a lifestyle that anyone would sell their soul to live

you put down the phone, you really should start packing. otherwise you're morning is gonna be more stressful than it needs to be and you'll need to spam hiori to help you. once you finished packing your clothes in a suitcase and your iceskates in a separate bag you were finally ready to wind down and try to get a good nights rest.

hopefully tomorrow will be an easy day for you. after all blue lock academy is a just a massive international boarding school that specialises in sports right?

'1 notification from yocchan :3'
'bro im shtting myself i lost my switch'
'bruh im tryna go to sleep kys'
'my parents packed for me whats the plan tmrw?????'
'meet me at rhe station like 15mins b4'
'alr im gonna play smth else and hope ym switch shows up in the morning'
'bitch ur gonna end up on twitter finding some sick shit to tell me tmrw on the train ride'
'goodnight pookie :sticking-tongue-out:'
'crazy' — read