Chapter 22

Just so you guys know, Becky's Lifestream Magic does enhance her strength, too.

Rebecca's P. O. V:

"Something's interfering with my communication with Wally and Millianna," Says Simon as we run along a flight of stairs outside the tower that winds around it, two of his right fingers pressed to his temple. "I can't even tell where they are now."

Lucy asks, "What do you mean?"

Juvia explains, "He's talking about telepathic communication."

I hear Gray ask Juvia, "Juvia, are you absolutely certain that we can trust this guy? I mean, I can understand that he wasn't trying to kill us back at the resort, but still..."

"I won't make excuses for my actions," Simon cuts in, making the ice wizard gasp.

"I didn't think you could hear me."

"Any wizard who was incapable of surviving that would never have had a prayer against Jellal. I never doubted that Natsu could handle the attack. I was confident he would survive."

With an indignant mark flashing above her head, Lucy asks, "Oh, yeah? Well, what about me and Becky?"

Simon says, "None of you can comprehend the full extent of Natsu's ability. Once he awakens the true dragons' power within, evil will fall in his wake."

                        ✨✨✨

We stop in a room that has statues with glowing red eyes as an unfamiliar man's voice speaks out from somewhere, "I welcome you to the Tower of Heaven.

The man continues after a moment's pause.

"My name is Jellal, and I'm the ruler of this tower. I see the players have been arranged."

"Say what?!" Gray hisses.

Simon muses, "So he knows we're here. He could be lurking anywhere in the tower, waiting for us."

"I'm delighted you've come all this way to see me. Shall we play a round of Heaven's Game?" Jellal goes on.

"The rules are really quite simple," Jellal explains. "I wish to use Erza as a sacrifice in my ceremony to resurrect Zeref-sama."

I give the statue a glare. He plans to use Erza as a sacrifice?

Sho shouts, "No, I won't let you!"

"If I succeed," Jellal continues, "the Gates of Heaven will open, crowning my victory. However, if you could manage to find a way to stop me, you'll be the winners of the game. To make things a little more interesting, I've enlisted four knights to battle on my behalf. "

Simon wonders, "Four knights? Who could they be?

"The only way you'll be able to get to me, is if you could defeat them. In other words, a three on nine Battle Royale. And, there's one more surprise. The Magic Council has the satellite square focused directly on this tower, and it's highly likely they will attack."

Worry and fear creep into my heart upon hearing that.

Jellal continues, "At this very moment, they're in the midst of voting on whether they should fire an Etherion Blast. There's no telling how much time is left. Should the Etherion strike, complete annihilation is imminent. No players left to win. Game over."